Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   heatnation3's JDM inspired FR-S 10 Series (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141663)

heatnation3 07-28-2020 02:45 PM

heatnation3's JDM inspired FR-S 10 Series
 
My goal with this car is to build a JDM version of a special edition model that was only sold in the US. This car is meant to be a street car and it gets driven plenty. I want to retain reliability, ease of maintenance, simplicity, OEM functions, and overall streetability. I am heavily inspired by Japanese builds and manufacturers, therefore most of the parts I use on this car are high quality JDM parts (with some exceptions). I also try to use mostly used parts in order to save money.

I plan to keep this car for the rest of my life and eventually pass it down to my children. This was one of my dream cars since it was released. I purchased it on March 9, 2017 with 29,362 miles from an Atlanta, GA area used car dealership. It was completely stock when I bought it except for Helix smoked side markers. I daily drove this car for 3 years until it had about 80k miles, and is now my second car. I still drive this car often and hard.

I should have started this journal when I got the car but I guess late is better than never. If you have any questions/comments or want to talk about the car feel free to post here or PM me!

Instagram: @86.bruno

Current:
https://i.imgur.com/4scUSpO.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3lkueVx.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/lE6h4kV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PUFbzF9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kvwbu1c.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/v7UBJ09.jpg

Modifications

Engine/Exhaust
  • Invidia Gemini R400 Burnt Tips Dual Cat Back Exhaust
  • Tomei UEL Header
  • Open Flash Tablet Stage 2 93 Octane Tune
  • Blitz Intake Suction Pipe Kit
  • Cosworth Drop In Air Filter
  • Verus Engineering Rear Cam Cover Block (Red)
  • Cusco Type B Battery Tie Down
  • Koyorad Radiator Cap

Suspension/Brakes
  • Tein Flex Z Coilovers
  • Stoptech Front Slotted Rotors
  • Stoptech Front & Rear Sport Pads
  • Cusco Front Strut Bar with Master Cylinder Brace
  • Cusco Type OS Rear Strut Bar
  • Cusco Rear Pillar Power Brace
  • Cusco Non Adjustable Strut Tower Braces

Transmission
  • Exedy OE Clutch Kit
  • Verus Engineering Billet Chromoly Clutch Fork
  • Verus Engineering Billet Clutch Fork Pivot
  • MTEC Transmission Shift Springs Kit

Exterior/Wheels
  • Rays Volk Racing TE37 SL 17x9.5” +36mm Double Pressed Black – Kenda KR20A 255/40R17
  • Rays 17 Hex Closed End Lug Nuts (Black)
  • APR Formula GT3 Carbon Fiber Mirrors
  • JDM OEM Taillights with LED turn signals
  • Replica TRD Spoiler
  • Replica STI Front Lip
  • Replica Chargespeed Side Skirts
  • Replica Chargespeed Rear Spats
  • Beatsonic Shark Fin Antenna
  • Clear Side Markers
  • Diode Dynamics SmartTap Flasher Relay
  • Diode Dynamics DRL Always On Module
  • Turn Signal Switchback LED
  • Rays License Plate Frame

Interior
  • Shrader Rear Seat Delete
  • OEM Carbon Fiber Climate Control Unit
  • OEM Carbon Fiber Window Switches
  • OEM Silver Stitched Leather Gauge Cluster Hood
  • OEM Silver Stitched Leather Center Console Knee Pads
  • OEM Silver Stitched Door Panel Trim
  • Cusco Sports Shift Knob
  • Custom Suede/Silver Stitched Shift Boot & E-Brake Boot
  • JDM Black Shifter Trim
  • JDM Black Door Handles
  • JDM Black Center Console Trim
  • P2M Black/Grey Checkered Floor Mats
  • Kenwood DDX9703S Head Unit with Reverse Camera
  • JBL Amplifier
  • Kicker 8” Subwoofer
  • Maestro RR & SU2 Harness
  • Carbon E-Brake Handle
  • Touge Factory Black Etched E-Brake Button
  • Dynamat in Trunk

Previous Versions:
https://i.imgur.com/5EYdTHW.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/P7v10ip.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/kyg0gaY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nudexSn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dIsVBS0.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/58EOsxM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nKP5Qw4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HAXdiz2.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BciKm7K.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GmjOEJH.jpg

Stock:
https://i.imgur.com/Vf2SiYw.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/CfOLBjM.jpg

DarkPira7e 07-28-2020 03:02 PM

Very nice built, I love it. I want those checkered floor mats but I'm too cheap!
I love the wing on the back, did it cover the OEM holes?

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:05 PM

Rays Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5" +38mm Semi Gloss Black - Achilles ATR Sport 2 265/35R18
 
https://i.imgur.com/tcHr3Fq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/SW1D9A5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KH44OtF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ptAupiI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Aa4GyMu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FfxlHwt.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:10 PM

Brake Upgrade
 
Needed to upgrade my brake system so I went with Stoptech Front Slotted Rotors, Stoptech Sport Front & Rear Pads, and Motul RBF 600 Fluid.

https://i.imgur.com/u7wYfXZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZgxuZpG.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yfm4BAB.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:18 PM

Dyno Day
 
Attended a local dyno day, this was on a Mustang dyno and the weather was around 70 degrees F. Got 3 runs, this was the third and best one.

Engine mods at this time:
Dezod 2.5" Cat Back Exhaust
Borla Front/Over Pipe Combo
Borla UEL Header
Open Flash Tablet Stage 2 93 Octane Tune
Blitz Suction Intake Tube

https://i.imgur.com/675EPu5.jpg
https://youtu.be/GfUJmzVe6v0

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:20 PM

Cusco Braces
 
Front Strut Bar & Braces
https://i.imgur.com/wlSlkR6.jpg

Pillar Power Brace
https://i.imgur.com/ETdDT6d.jpg

Trunk Strut Bar
https://i.imgur.com/pgiJPkK.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:22 PM

Aerowolf mirror visors
 
Bought a set of Aerowolf Ganador mirror visors to see if I could fit them to the OEM mirrors. Used a heat gun to change the shape and 3M tape to attach them. Held up great for 6 months before I decided to take them off and sell them.

https://i.imgur.com/DUNRG3O.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:26 PM

Rays Volk Racing TE37 SL Double Pressed Black 17x9.5" +36mm - Kenda KR20A 255/40R17
 
Found these for sale on Facebook and had to jump. These are my dream wheels for this car and to find them in this spec and new in box is even better.

https://i.imgur.com/KiD5y31.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UW7JYEF.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xj5EgJt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/M1hW2SA.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:29 PM

Interior overhaul
 
Found some interior pieces I've been wanting for good prices, so I decided to pull the trigger and do a small overhaul.

2017 86 silver stitched gauge hood, knee pads, and door panel trim
JDM black door handles and climate control trim
https://i.imgur.com/v7UBJ09.jpg

BRZ tS carbon fiber climate control and door switches
https://i.imgur.com/amaKstV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/BFiIHA7.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:31 PM

APR Formula GT3 Carbon Fiber Mirrors
 
https://i.imgur.com/CHDJIt9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/923Uh7O.jpg

heatnation3 07-28-2020 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPira7e (Post 3352737)
Very nice built, I love it. I want those checkered floor mats but I'm too cheap!
I love the wing on the back, did it cover the OEM holes?

Thanks! The floor mats are definitely worth the money, they're holding up great. Mine came without a wing so I am not sure on if it covers the OEM spoiler holes unfortunately.

WORKS 08-04-2020 07:37 PM

Love the simplicity and style of your car and all of its details! Good work!

- WORKS Team


Edit: Great photos, too!

heatnation3 08-05-2020 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WORKS (Post 3355019)
Love the simplicity and style of your car and all of its details! Good work!

- WORKS Team


Edit: Great photos, too!

I appreciate it! Just needs one of your turbo kits lol

WORKS 08-05-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heatnation3 (Post 3355184)
I appreciate it! Just needs one of your turbo kits lol

Shoot us a message whenever you're ready ;) haha!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.