Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   BRZ LS Swap ECU (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140931)

Shahano 06-15-2020 04:15 AM

BRZ LS Swap ECU

I've been running my BRZ with an LS3 swap for almost a year using the Hydra EMS system. It seemed to, along with the motec to be the only fully compatible system with ABS/Traction/ electric power steering etc.
I have had a problem with the Hydra and have been looking for alternative ECU solutions in case I decide not to continue with the Hydra. I contacted PURE for a Motec system and unfortunately they no longer produce it.
I am looking for other systems but with no luck. I have seen the previous posts and it seems that the MRS nor the PURE system are no longer available.

Could anyone recommend what system to use?

Shahano 06-15-2020 04:25 AM

If anyone has a pure automotive Motec system with all the cables and is looking to sell it, I would be interested in purchasing.

DeathToocher 06-15-2020 05:36 AM

BRZ LS Swap ECU

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahano (Post 3341098)
I've been running my BRZ with an LS3 swap for almost a year using the Hydra EMS system. It seemed to, along with the motec to be the only fully compatible system with ABS/Traction/ electric power steering etc.
I have had a problem with the Hydra and have been looking for alternative ECU solutions in case I decide not to continue with the Hydra. I contacted PURE for a Motec system and unfortunately they no longer produce it.
I am looking for other systems but with no luck. I have seen the previous posts and it seems that the MRS nor the PURE system are no longer available.

I know Haltec has an ECU that supports the GT86 CAN system, idk about the processing power compared to Motec (doesn’t really matter unless you’re running a full on race car in my opinion) but Haltec is a good company with an even better reputation from everything I’ve heard. The prices on the Haltec systems are a lot easier on the bank than Motec, so there’s another reason to go Haltec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeathToocher 06-15-2020 05:38 AM

Quote:

Sikky also provides engine harnesses and tuning specifically for the LS engine in the GT86 using the stock ECU. From my personal experience in planning my own swap, they run about 1200-1500.

GrabTheWheel 06-15-2020 09:23 AM

Quote:

Are you sure? Did you talk to Brady? Pure still has it on their website and it’s listed as in stock. Hard for me to believe he wouldn’t sell you one.

Shahano 06-16-2020 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToocher (Post 3341105)
I know Haltec has an ECU that supports the GT86 CAN system, idk about the processing power compared to Motec (doesn’t really matter unless you’re running a full on race car in my opinion) but Haltec is a good company with an even better reputation from everything I’ve heard. The prices on the Haltec systems are a lot easier on the bank than Motec, so there’s another reason to go Haltec.

Do you have a contact that I can get in touch with. Haltech could be a good option, need to make sure they can provide the whole harness along with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrabTheWheel (Post 3341132)
Are you sure? Did you talk to Brady? Pure still has it on their website and it’s listed as in stock. Hard for me to believe he wouldn’t sell you one.

Yes unfortunately, been speaking to Bradey for the past few weeks and due to a few bad customers, Motec asked them to sell only if Pure installs it for them.

DeathToocher 06-16-2020 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahano (Post 3341411)
Do you have a contact that I can get in touch with. Haltech could be a good option, need to make sure they can provide the whole harness along with it.

Yes unfortunately, been speaking to Bradey for the past few weeks and due to a few bad customers, Motec asked them to sell only if Pure installs it for them.

I do not have a contact within Haltech, but from what see they do provide custom wiring harnesses. I would recommend going with the Sikky harness for an LS swap, they have a CANbus integration built into the harness so you can run a stock ECU I’ll drop a link real quick. https://www.sikky.com/product/gm-ls3...or-frs-brz-86/

Shahano 06-16-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToocher (Post 3341414)
I do not have a contact within Haltech, but from what see they do provide custom wiring harnesses. I would recommend going with the Sikky harness for an LS swap, they have a CANbus integration built into the harness so you can run a stock ECU I’ll drop a link real quick. https://www.sikky.com/product/gm-ls3...or-frs-brz-86/

Thanks a lot will have a look at it, there is a large dropdown, need to have a call with one of the guys there to understand further.

ft86xtc 06-16-2020 05:50 PM

Not sure if this is what your looking for but maybe it could help.https://www.wiringspecialties.com/fr...iring-harness/

spitsnaugle 06-17-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToocher (Post 3341106)
Sikky also provides engine harnesses and tuning specifically for the LS engine

Skip Sikky- just go to WiringSpecialities direct. Sikky is just reselling their harnesses.

DeathToocher 06-18-2020 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitsnaugle (Post 3341809)
Skip Sikky- just go to WiringSpecialities direct. Sikky is just reselling their harnesses.

Does wiringspecialties direct include the CANbus module and everything?

spitsnaugle 06-18-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathToocher (Post 3342031)
Does wiringspecialties direct include the CANbus module and everything?

Yes.

Reach out to them and tell them I sent you.

sales@wiringspecialties.com

My FR-S was a booth car for them at LS fest east where I won 2019 best engineered car.

DeathToocher 06-18-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spitsnaugle (Post 3342137)
Yes.

Reach out to them and tell them I sent you.

sales@wiringspecialties.com

My FR-S was a booth car for them at LS fest east where I won 2019 best engineered car.

Oh damn, congrats on that! I’ll have to check them out for my swap then.

Swolzee 05-05-2021 11:43 AM

So would an ecutek work on this setup if you were using the wiring specialties harness?