Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Buyers beware (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138914)

royal.brz 02-11-2020 11:06 AM

Buyers beware

If anyone gets any sales leads to a John Morgan be aware. I have supposedly purchased a uel header/OP/FP combo from him and was suppose to get a tracking number yesterday. Ran reverse Google search on the images he sent me and everything looked good, but am now getting a run around. He has supposedly shipped them but have not gotten any shipping confirmation or tracking number.
His email is:
johnmor221@gmail.com

Be aware!
I got the lead from a now banned member which makes things a little more sketchy

KR-S 02-11-2020 10:51 PM

How did you pay? Is he replying still? Are you planning on filing a chargeback?

royal.brz 02-16-2020 10:58 AM

I payed through paypal friends and family as he had requested. I did get a reply from him on Feb. 11 saying that he had shipped my item, but still did not receive a tracking number after asking multiple times for one. have not heard from im since. I will begin to file a claim on Feb. 19th if i do not receive the items.

soundman98 02-16-2020 03:31 PM

i don't believe that you can file a claim, as part of the friends/family thing is giving up the paypal protections. all those paypal fees go to something...

mav1178 02-16-2020 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal.brz (Post 3299446)
I payed through paypal friends and family as he had requested.

kiss your money goodbye.

if you file a claim, it will be another 5-10 minutes of frustration.

unless you 1) are friends with the other person, or 2) are family with the other person, you should never use "friends and family" to send money to someone else. might as well burn cash, it's more rewarding.

KR-S 02-17-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Oh god. This is exactly what I was afraid of, and why I asked how you paid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mav1178 (Post 3299563)
kiss your money goodbye.

if you file a claim, it will be another 5-10 minutes of frustration.

unless you 1) are friends with the other person, or 2) are family with the other person, you should never use "friends and family" to send money to someone else. might as well burn cash, it's more rewarding.

This. On top of being one of the worst ways to do a transaction, it's also against PayPal's own TOS. You get absolutely no protection from PayPal as they assume you're really sending it to friends and/or family.

Read the pinned thread, and always do a search of any kind to find out what kind of seller you're dealing with. Always use "Goods and Services" when doing transactions like these.

Good luck trying to get your money back - but I'm very sure it's gone. Take this as a hard lesson learned.

Tcoat 02-17-2020 07:58 AM

Does "John" have an account on this forum? If so what is his user name? We can have him banned.

yelsew 02-17-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Anyone who specifically requests Paypal F&F, Zell, Cashapp, or Venmo should automatically be suspected of being a scammer.

One of the trading subreddits I frequent has a good autobot that says "Payment methods like Paypal F&F, Zelle, Cashapp, and Venmo are discouraged because they offers zero protections to the money sender. Consider it like a western union money order, once you send it, there is zero chance of getting it back if a trade does not work out."

royal.brz 02-19-2020 12:10 PM

Update: as some of you had stated PayPal wouldn't do anything, but did tell me to get in touch with my bank. Soni did so, they ended opening an investigation and giving me my money back.
Thanks for all the heads up guys appreciate, just glad I got my money back ����

Tcoat 02-19-2020 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal.brz (Post 3300522)
Update: as some of you had stated PayPal wouldn't do anything, but did tell me to get in touch with my bank. Soni did so, they ended opening an investigation and giving me my money back.
Thanks for all the heads up guys appreciate, just glad I got my money back ����

My question of if they have a user name here still stand though. If no then cool but if yes we should get him outta here.

royal.brz 02-19-2020 01:33 PM

Not that I know of, I got the tip about the items he had for sale by a user paulpeterson020 who has since been banned

Tcoat 02-19-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royal.brz (Post 3300556)
Not that I know of, I got the tip about the items he had for sale by a user paulpeterson020 who has since been banned

Thanks. At least it is covered then.

DandoX 02-19-2020 04:12 PM

what is the best method to request and pay with. I thought paypal was the what I should be using?

BigTuna 02-19-2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DandoX (Post 3300624)
what is the best method to request and pay with. I thought paypal was the what I should be using?

Goods and Services
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ638