![]() |
Fuel Economy improved
Noticed my 2016 Toyota 86 was on average 10 to 10.5 liters/100km's from new until I hit 27000-28000kms recently its dropped down to 9.0 - 9.5 liters/100km's according to the onboard computer. I know new cars fuel economy gets better when they break in but i didn't expect it to happen so late. My driving style is the same 95% normal driving and maybe 5% of drive it like you stole it on a quiet road. Does 9.0-9.5 L/100kms sound about right ? my driving is mostly suburban city driving.
|
sounds more like they changed the gas in your area to winter blend more than anything else. Fuel economy is all about how you drive more than anything else.
|
Mine has been pegged at 7.4 for 5 years now. That is with 98% highway though. I would be incredibly upset if I started getting nines and tens.
|
Quote:
Lower L/100km number is better mileage, inverse of mpg. I'd be shocked if it gets better mileage on winter gas. |
1 Attachment(s)
Just out of curiousity, anyone know why the US GT model supposedly gets 10% better city and 14% better highway mileage than the non-GT?
From the US Toyota website.... |
Quote:
My 860 doesn't do quite that well due to the presence of both colors. |
Quote:
https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?...41949&id=41950 |
Quote:
|
that's a very tricky way to get certain people to buy the more expensive model!
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.