Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   R32 GTR VS R33 GTR (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132458)

Tk rocket 01-17-2019 01:35 AM

R32 GTR VS R33 GTR
 
out of these two specific cars which would you rather have?

I won't ever be able to afford a 34 so here are your choices.

Bayside blue R324
https://montumotors.com/media/DSC_0269-3.jpg

https://montumotors.com/media/DSC_0274.jpg

https://montumotors.com/media/DSC_0276-2.jpg


R33 (series 3)

https://dealeraccelerate-all.s3.amaz...hicle__49_.JPG

https://cdn.dealeraccelerate.com/int...n-skyline-gt-r

https://cdn.dealeraccelerate.com/int...n-skyline-gt-r

86MLR 01-17-2019 02:30 AM

R32 GTR, the one and only Godzilla.

Well, here in AU, and my mind.

In the end they are mostly all rusty and old.

The 33 is the redheaded step child (I had a 33 years ago).

We have been importing32, 33 and 34's for years, we also had ADM R32 GTR's.

Prices have soared over the last few years, as in triple, even shit ones.

They are slow compared to nearly everything now, good in their day though.

The engines like to eat bearings, oil issues.

The gearboxes are good till about 400nm.

If you cannot afford 3 GTR's, you cannot afford 1 GTR.

Been there, done that.

Tk rocket 01-17-2019 03:38 AM

Don't be a buzz kill

LancePower 01-17-2019 05:15 AM

I'd go for the r32.

86MLR 01-17-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tk rocket (Post 3174001)
Don't be a buzz kill

Apologies for bringing reality into my answer, I'll try harder next time.

The 32 is my favorite Skyline, the end.

Kaotic Lazagna 01-17-2019 06:49 AM

I want a Skyline myself, but haven't looked into their upkeep and issues since I can't afford one at the moment, especially an R34. But with the two that you posted, I'd go with that R33, even tho I like the R32 more in general, just not that specific R32 since it looks odd with the R34 front clip. I tend to like my cars "OEM" looking, and the front end of the R34 does not flow well with the rest of the R32 design. And the R34 wing looks hideous on the R32.

But really, I'd go with hidden option #3, find another R32.

8RZ 01-17-2019 08:04 AM

34, then 32. Never liked the 33.

Tcoat 01-17-2019 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86MLR (Post 3173995)
R32 GTR, the one and only Godzilla.

Well, here in AU, and my mind.

In the end they are mostly all rusty and old.

The 33 is the redheaded step child (I had a 33 years ago).

We have been importing32, 33 and 34's for years, we also had ADM R32 GTR's.

Prices have soared over the last few years, as in triple, even shit ones.

They are slow compared to nearly everything now, good in their day though.

The engines like to eat bearings, oil issues.

The gearboxes are good till about 400nm.

If you cannot afford 3 GTR's, you cannot afford 1 GTR.

Been there, done that.


But...
But...
But...
They rule in video games and movies!


Great response.
Like so many of these older cars they have a hype and rep that they really do not always deserve when compared to more up to date stuff.

Summerwolf 01-17-2019 08:14 AM

I'm a fan of the R33, but I know its not the favorite of GTR enthusiasts. I just think it combines aspects of the R32 and R34 that I like.


Out of those two, I'd take the R33, it looks a lot cleaner IMO. It also looks like it has some decent brakes and decent fit wheel / tire setup. With nothing else but pictures to go off of its kind of a shot in the dark for us. Miles / engine mods etc might play in to the decision as well.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3174022)
But...
But...
But...
They rule in video games and movies!



I grew up with Gran Turismo (I'm sure many of us have....) I'd love to own a car that reminds you of a great memory. I mean, how many times did YOU take a GTR through the corkscrew of Laguna Seca?


Nostalgia plays a heavy part in a lot of irrational decisions.

Tcoat 01-17-2019 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summerwolf (Post 3174023)
I'm a fan of the R33, but I know its not the favorite of GTR enthusiasts. I just think it combines aspects of the R32 and R34 that I like.


Out of those two, I'd take the R33, it looks a lot cleaner IMO. It also looks like it has some decent brakes and decent fit wheel / tire setup. With nothing else but pictures to go off of its kind of a shot in the dark for us. Miles / engine mods etc might play in to the decision as well.






I grew up with Gran Turismo (I'm sure many of us have....) I'd love to own a car that reminds you of a great memory. I mean, how many times did YOU take a GTR through the corkscrew of Laguna Seca?


Nostalgia plays a heavy part in a lot of irrational decisions.


Agreed! That doesn't make them good cars though. I have kicked around the idea of getting a late Corvair or 440 Dart for a few years now but I doubt many would say that either of those were a good choice.


Oh and YOU have never taken a GTR through a corkscrew at Laguna Seca any more than I have fought off a hoard of ghouls to get a safe full of Nuha Cola caps.

DarkPira7e 01-17-2019 08:27 AM

SAN NI

carbonBLUE 01-17-2019 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tk rocket (Post 3173985)


https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...skyline-gtr-6/

ill leave this here

great site for finding great cars

Tcoat 01-17-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carbonBLUE (Post 3174039)
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...skyline-gtr-6/

ill leave this here

great site for finding great cars

Current bid $4,000 CANADIAN dollars. Hell if you pay for it in US dollars it is almost free!

carbonBLUE 01-17-2019 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3174046)
Current bid $4,000 CANADIAN dollars. Hell if you pay for it in US dollars it is almost free!

but it is canada and rust could be an issue

You could take out a long term personal loan from a failing bank. pay the minimums. when the stock market starts getting hit with aftershocks you can pray you bank goes under and you might be able to forgo payments for 6-12 months while some other bank buys your loan and reconnects it with you or maybe it gets lost forever.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.