Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   17x9 +43 Volk CE28 with 235/40/17 tires can fit stock shocks? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131489)

stlgrym3 11-19-2018 12:05 AM

17x9 +43 Volk CE28 with 235/40/17 tires can fit stock shocks?
 
I’m quite positive they won’t, but need some confirmation.

Also does 235 series tires look stretched for 17x9 wheels? I’ve run 245 tires with this size wheel before but worry that 235 will look stretched. I’m buying a set of CE28 which come with 235/40/17 tires.

Leonardo 11-19-2018 12:56 AM

I think that they may fit. But just. Otherwise, you will need 3mm slip spacers for the front. The rear will have lots of room.

It depends on what 235/40 tire you get, on how stretched it will look. (a bit stretched, to none)

There are 235 tires that measure 245.

In the wheel directory, there is info on these specs.

Like these, which are 17x9 +42 (i know it says +45 on the title, but they are +42) They fit stock suspension on some cars, and need a 3mm slip on others. Yours will fit the same. (you may want the 3mm spacer, if it's really close)

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56878

CSG Mike 11-19-2018 06:10 PM

They will not due to tire.

Mr.ac 11-19-2018 08:42 PM

Why would you ever put 235 on a 9" wheel?
Wait never mind. Hellastance bs.
Carry on.

TylerLieberman 11-19-2018 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3156624)
Why would you ever put 235 on a 9" wheel?
Wait never mind. Hellastance bs.
Carry on.

I can taste the salt.

Leonardo 11-19-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3156624)
Why would you ever put 235 on a 9" wheel?
Wait never mind. Hellastance bs.
Carry on.

What?


235/40/17 are rare, like only 9 on tirerack. most are race tires, and have a tread width of 8.5", hardly a stretch, and not even close to hella-whatever your talking about.

like these... check it out!

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.j...omCompare1=yes

Mr.ac 11-19-2018 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3156630)
What?


235/40/17 are rare, like only 9 on tirerack. most are race tires, and have a tread width of 8.5", hardly a stretch, and not even close to hella-whatever your talking about.

like these... check it out!

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.j...omCompare1=yes

Those are not "race" tires. But eh, close enough.
You do know tire rack is not the only tire shop online? There is actually a boat load of other sizes on many many tire sites.

Chances are you can find odd ball tire sizes that tire rack will not carry.
As good as tire rack is, they are just like any local tire shop. They stock up on the current popular tire sizes.

My MR2 has a 9" rear wheels and I don't want anything less than a 255 on them.

And salty??? Must be a little kind lingo. And by little kid I mean 20 something's
Either call me a **** or an ass. :drool:

CSG Mike 11-20-2018 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3156624)
Why would you ever put 235 on a 9" wheel?
Wait never mind. Hellastance bs.
Carry on.

I regularly put 225 on a 9".

Mr.ac 11-20-2018 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CSG Mike (Post 3156706)
I regularly put 225 on a 9".

:suicide:

cjd 11-20-2018 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3156712)
:suicide:

Maximizing contact patch within a set of rules...

What's the problem here?

Leonardo 11-20-2018 09:26 AM

There is nothing about this thread thats hella stance. First his volks are Too high of offset to fit. ( The opposite of stance!)

Second, with a 3mm spacer, the wheels will fit, but with barely any room. No room to add camber = Not-stanced!

And a 235, is barely stretched on a 9.

CSG Mike 11-20-2018 03:10 PM

For all intents and purposes, 235 on a 9" wheel is within tire manufacturer specs!

TylerLieberman 11-20-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.ac (Post 3156651)
And salty??? Must be a little kind lingo. And by little kid I mean 20 something's
Either call me a **** or an ass. :drool:

I actually never used the term "salty". I said "I can taste the salt". I think it's funny that you act as though you're too old to understand the definition of the word in the context, when you yourself are the one who actually used it in said context. Swing and a miss.

But yeah, you're crying over spilt milk. Spoiled milk at that.

TylerLieberman 11-20-2018 05:20 PM

225/45 on 17x9

LMAOWTFZOMFG!!!! Hellastance!!!!! It's ruined!!!!!!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8088/8...117e5fe5_b.jpg


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.