Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Aliexpress climate control rings (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130620)

Cubix 10-02-2018 09:50 PM

Aliexpress climate control rings
 
Anyone ever buy these climate control rings for the FR-S? I always thought the oem plastic felt super cheap. Tempted to buy them but they aren't super cheap at $65.
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1eiiTK...889ff519db64b6
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1_oGHK...d7556b16e09aa9
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1LXy2K...dae9956473a29a
https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1c_OLK...acee4df8e484c2

DarkPira7e 10-02-2018 11:00 PM

They don't look to be grooved on the inside...I wonder how they stay on?

fx1mark 10-02-2018 11:24 PM

Here's a post.


https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...ostcount=18958


and ebay listings.


https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...a+GT86+BRZ+FRS+


Ebay has had 15% of 25$ or more every now and then If you are patient.

FRSBRZGT86FAN 10-03-2018 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPira7e (Post 3140026)
They don't look to be grooved on the inside...I wonder how they stay on?


3m VHB or a similiar product most likely, which honestly isn't too bad. I've had that on my toyota badge emblem on my steering wheel and on my HID ballasts in the engine bay, and they show no signs of coming off.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 10-03-2018 07:33 AM

I have the brushed alu ones. I love them. They really elevate the interior and they only rotate when it's below zero outside. I'd buy them again without hesitating

https://i.postimg.cc/QM66drXh/image.jpg

And with black trim

https://i.postimg.cc/9fcjLYJ8/image.jpg

To prevent them slipping in the winter you can either add very thin double sided tape or squeeze a bit when you turn the knobs

Cubix 10-03-2018 09:56 PM

That looks pretty good! Do they add any weight to the turning? I hate how empty and hollow the knobs feel

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 10-04-2018 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubix (Post 3140382)
That looks pretty good! Do they add any weight to the turning? I hate how empty and hollow the knobs feel

For me yes, but only because I have the carbon panel in place and it makes things kind of tight. Otherwise they're weightless

RallySport 10-06-2018 06:32 PM

Seems odd the only 1 of the 3 is knurled.

Leonardo 10-07-2018 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallySport (Post 3141376)
Seems odd the only 1 of the 3 is knurled.

I think it is because the base model has two big knobs and one small knob. The small knob is from the set thats for the limited. Which uses three of the same size knobs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.