Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Anyone try this cheap Ebay rubber trunk mat? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129958)

GrantedTaken 08-31-2018 03:29 PM

Anyone try this cheap Ebay rubber trunk mat?
 
Cuts to fit
Tempting at $17/shipped.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Pc-Cargo-...cAAOSwri5bgAJy

$110
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/weat...lack-1183.html

I'll take ricer for $160, Alex.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SICKSPEED-D...wAAOSwfphaVT0d
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SICKSPEED-W...MAAOSwM91aWQe6

Mr.ac 08-31-2018 04:06 PM

Well for $17 not bad. Then again a mat is a mat. Expect that cheap-o mat to be super thin.

For $60 you can get the oem one. Nice and thick, fits like a glove.

8RZ 08-31-2018 04:13 PM

That thing looks like a place-mat, you get what you pay for.


I see some used OEM trunk liners for sale on here every now and then, I'd much rather buy those.

Doubletap 08-31-2018 04:15 PM

It's kind of pointless to go cheap on those when the OEM mat isn't exactly on the expensive side.

One of the first things I bought,plus the trunk lid liner.

Cheeky 08-31-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubletap (Post 3128279)
It's kind of pointless to go cheap on those when the OEM mat isn't exactly on the expensive side.

One of the first things I bought,plus the trunk lid liner.

Exactly what I started off with too :D, trunk lid liner and trunk mat.

I got the weathertech one and it's pricey but pays off in its features - contains liquids, prevents sliding, fits perfectly, does not warp. With this cut to fit one, it's not bad and will do the job, but may fall short in those exceptional situations.

wolffbite 08-31-2018 06:26 PM

A mat that doesn't have a side lip is pretty useless as anything you spill can just go over the sides and into the carpet. I suppose it will keep things from sliding around at least if that is all you are going for.

The OEM one isn't too pricey as others have said, and is cheap peace of mind that a moderately sized liquid spill will be contained before hitting your carpet.

finch1750 08-31-2018 07:05 PM

If you don't care about the side lip just flip your OEM mat thats already in the car over. Works well to keep things in place and easier to keep clean then carpet.

GrantedTaken 08-31-2018 08:41 PM

I agree that I might as well spring for the OEM mat or the WeatherTech.
But first, I will flip the mat and try that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.