Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Smart computer people!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128564)

Impureclient 06-27-2018 12:04 AM

Smart computer people!!
 
Somebody here should design a new wheel/tire calculator that includes all the normal stuff like size of wheel and tire and offset and add the length from fender(front and rear) and camber.
This one below went offline when itdansharpe gave up on it. I tried asking him in Facebook but he never answered back. It was so impressive as it gave you exactly everything you needed.

There's nothing else like it now: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25177
For a while it would sort of work with the https://archive.org/web/ but it's fully dead now.

It really helped me with my old wheels and spacers and the new ones were kind of a pain to figure out exactly how I wanted recently. I ended up buying too much extra
to "test" different things out. With Dans wheel/tire calculator that was custom tailored to our cars, it was a breeze to figure out any fitment.
I would have paid to have Dans this time around so maybe make it an app and charge if that is possible. If you get other vehicles fender measurements too, it will work for everyone and make
it more feasible to create.

You can advertise for it on all the other car websites and make a killing. In fact I promise to be the first person in line to buy even though I don't even really need it now.

I should also add that this is as close as it gets: https://www.willtheyfit.com/ It's missing the camber and fender but it is the best one I've found out of all of the online ones available.
This one is OK too: https://www.wheel-size.com/ but the fender is not in front and rear separately and it's missing the camber setting.

wparsons 06-27-2018 12:06 PM

This isn't difficult to solve with software, but getting all the dimensions to start with is a pain.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.