![]() |
Turbo
Just wondering what most psi you can run on a stock motor with a turbo.
|
It's not about PSI but about torque (and the tune).
|
That is a very vague question with too many variables to answer it simply. You have a lot of research ahead of you my friend, start here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78
|
It handles as much as it will until it blows up and not one bit more.
|
Probably 7psi
|
While we're asking well thought out and researched questions--what is best car to get in order to be happy?
|
Quote:
|
I was told by Zack at Delicious not to go past 10, On E95.
With that thought process I am 6 to 7 on E85. 4 to 5 on premium. Now what you have to determine is your tolerance for a blown engine. If you can not afford one do not do it at all. If you really do not want one be careful. If it is a toy and you want to see how fast you can make it get back to us and let us know how much boost blew it. |
The consensus is 8.5 lbs or around 270-290 whp is pretty safe. That's assuming good tune and not a low rev emphasis on the torque (twin scroll). Low end high torque sometimes bends rods.
Above 300 WHP (9.5 psi+) there is a need for fuelling upgrades, then clutch and possibly drive axles and transmission as the HP is increased. I feel safe with 8.5 PSI on my SC setup. |
Quote:
I don't believe this to be a valid question , or analysis of a way of being/thinking. One minute you think you're happy, 6 months later could be totally different. I saw a sweet 911 Turbo S yesterday, probably a 2015-16 , white. Wow I thought to myself. Then thinking a little longer/harder, at $190k ……. ouch. Money is money, it can be used for lots of things , but I'd rather 1. invest that $190k , or have a nicer house to then use $190k on. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Edit: for now, next year who knows... |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.