Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Buddy Club Seats & Rails Install (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128064)

heatnation3 06-02-2018 08:41 PM

Buddy Club Seats & Rails Install
 
I am looking at possibly upgrading seats and going with Buddy Club's fixed back and rails (http://www.tf-works.com/buddy-club-r...de-black-gray/, http://www.tf-works.com/buddy-club-r...z-driver-left/). I have never done seats in a car, and am kind of confused. First off, I am 6'2" 250 lbs, will these rails/sliders give me enough room? Also, I have researched the resistors/air bag situation. If I put resistors in, will my airbags be functional? Planning to do driver and passenger side. Car is daily driven and sees some mountain use. Any input/info is appreciated!

Kestrel 06-07-2018 09:44 PM

I'm 99% sure those Buddy Club rails will not work with a wide seat. I just tried the Nagisa Auto low rails which are similar and there wasn't enough adjustment for my Sparco Evo II US. You'll need to do a base plate/slider/rail set up (which negates a lot of the weight savings [emoji29]) and drill holes in the base plate to line everything up just right. I'll be working on that last part this weekend. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tyler_win_photo 06-11-2018 11:50 AM

Yes your airbags will still be functional if you get the correct resistors.

Make sure you move the weight sensor from the stock passenger seat to your new seat or else your airbag on the passenger side will not trigger even with the resistor in place.

SuperTom 06-16-2018 04:40 PM

wish I could find some weights on those seats. the black gray would go good with the '17 interior. Your looking at the wides I would be going with the regular sized ones


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.