Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Invidia n1 problem? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127990)

eddwvrd 05-30-2018 12:05 PM

Invidia n1 problem?
 
So recently i just installed my invidia n1. I love the sound and all but its a bit annoying bcos it drones(not that much). So the problem is when im driving, the left exhaust(driver side) is kinda loud and drones. I let my friend drive my car and i was on the pssenger side, I noticed that the right exhaust is same as the left but i cant barely hear any drone. Has anybody experienced that kind of problem? Would it reduce the drone if i change the hanger to a more stiffer one?

8RZ 05-30-2018 12:10 PM

Hangers do not affect exhaust drone, I recommend you sell it for a quieter exhaust.

DefMunkie 05-30-2018 12:25 PM

Most of the invidia systems I've heard on a variety of cars are loud and drone. Especially on the duel exhaust 4 bangers, 86 & S2000

I'd definitely look into another system if you can't stand the drone.

NAEightySix 05-30-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddwvrd (Post 3093040)
So recently i just installed my invidia n1. I love the sound and all but its a bit annoying bcos it drones(not that much). So the problem is when im driving, the left exhaust(driver side) is kinda loud and drones. I let my friend drive my car and i was on the pssenger side, I noticed that the right exhaust is same as the left but i cant barely hear any drone. Has anybody experienced that kind of problem? Would it reduce the drone if i change the hanger to a more stiffer one?



Is one of the tips touching the bumper/diffuser? Mine had a noise problem on the right side because of an alignment issue... turns out it was rattling so much that I heard it from inside the car, hence why I switched to the q300 and have no alignment issues now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddwvrd 05-30-2018 01:52 PM

@NAEightySix both my exhaust doesnt touch the bumper/diffuser.

Vital 05-30-2018 02:34 PM

you should return it and get the Invidia R400

Zer0 05-30-2018 07:55 PM

Did you install it on a swap? You posted it in the swap forum.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.