Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Amber Lights Strobe When Braking (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127194)

MJones_RB 04-25-2018 03:09 PM

Amber Lights Strobe When Braking
 
I recently saw a car with amber lights that strobed every time the brakes were pressed. It was just a fraction of a second, but it caught my attention for sure. I imagine it's a mod to decrease the chances of being rear-ended (with everyone on their cell phones it's much needed) but I'm just curious about the legality of it. Has anyone seen this done on other cars?

I made a GIF to demonstrate:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2m4oft2.gif

8RZ 04-25-2018 03:10 PM

I always see the flashing third brake light but that's a new one.

I'm sure Diode Dynamics will have a kit for that soon lol.

Stang70Fastback 04-25-2018 03:34 PM

Many vehicles flash the hazards under hard braking as an "emergency alert" to the vehicles behind them. This isn't new in that sense, though it is MUCH more common in European vehicles than in American vehicles.

norcalpb 04-25-2018 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang70Fastback (Post 3077552)
Many vehicles flash the hazards under hard braking as an "emergency alert" to the vehicles behind them. This isn't new in that sense, though it is MUCH more common in European vehicles than in American vehicles.

Yup, that is a VAGCOM feature you can enable on USDM Audi’s/VWs.

I would be interested if this would be as simple as running a signal wire to the ABS sensor on our cars.

churchx 04-25-2018 05:14 PM

IIRC they also may have other not too common light functioning modes too .. imho it was some vw or skoda (also from that bunch/concern), where i seen light or left fog lights switching on separately during turns, probably to better illuminate roadside without resorting to fit some turning mechanism to main lights to follow steering wheel inputs ..


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.