Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   fender garnish (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127003)

zizon93 04-18-2018 08:59 AM

fender garnish
 
http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/turn...E#.Wtc_Z3rOWUk

I'm trying to buy color-matched fender garnish and was wondering how to do that by myself? sorry if this has been discussed it already. I heard it's kinda hard and potentially cause some damage to a car. I know it sounds silly but should I just let body shop to install this?

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 04-18-2018 09:17 AM

No. You take a plastic kitchen spatula or some similar tool (wrapped with electrical tape or a rag) and simply pop it open along the edge. Just keep going until it comes out. Then pop the new one in. Takes less than 30 seconds.

Akuma147 04-21-2018 05:11 AM

Fishing wire also works very well. Watch this video:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkT1a_qY34"]How to remove and replace 86/BRZ/FRS Fender Garnishes/Vents - YouTube[/ame]


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.