Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   TRD Spoiler on 2017 BRZ != Good Fit. (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126751)

Rederick 04-08-2018 06:02 PM

TRD Spoiler on 2017 BRZ != Good Fit.
 
Just a PSA for anyone who had the same idea I did. I don't like having the exact same car as everyone like many of us and its fun to put our little touches on them. I really liked the TRD lip spoiler and took a chance on one when i found that they had a colormatched version to the BRZ and 86.

I purchased a colormatched (K1X) authentic TRD spoiler from japan to try and put on my 2017 BRZ. Unfortunately the extra clip holes that the new style aluminum bar spoiler have on the 2017+ do not get fully covered.

If anyone has any suggestion on a similar style to the TRD that would cover all the holes please pass them along!

Also I have a spare TRD spoiler with the mounting bolts already trimmed if anyone is interested in the bay area ;)


https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Xy...W8dQXcGw=w1200

monkeybike 04-08-2018 07:22 PM

This is the ducktail onto 2017+ thread.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122461

monkeybike 04-08-2018 07:41 PM

Also can you confirm the part number?

Is it MS342-18001-A1?

Rederick 04-08-2018 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybike (Post 3069712)
This is the ducktail onto 2017+ thread.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122461

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybike (Post 3069721)
Also can you confirm the part number?

Is it MS342-18001-A1?

Thanks for the link to that thread, i should have done some better research before ordering. I saw on 86SpeedFactory that the replicas were 2013+ and that the 86 860 edition has the same spoiler and is a toyota.. I figured it would be good to go, ah well!

Yes my part number is MS342-18001-A1.

monkeybike 04-08-2018 08:14 PM

If you have any other TRD parts you are thinking of in the future, you can check compatibility here:

http://www.trdparts.jp/86/price.html

BRZ would be GT Limited spec as a general rule.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.