![]() |
Anyone Plasti-Dip their Roof?
Thinking about blacking out the roof on my silver BRZ,
I know most go with a wrap, but I have had good luck with doing small items in plasti-dip before, but not a large surface like this. |
You'll need a spray gun or you'll get uneven / cloudy looking paint. Plus the angle you'll need to hold aerosol cans in order to paint the roof will probably cause negative results. I recommend doing a wrap
|
@Sypher has done his entire car. Maybe he can chime in
|
No one has ever done this. ever.
|
What color is your car? I just remember the guy on here several years ago that plastidipped a Superman emblem onto the hood of his white twin. When he eventually peeled it off, it had bled into the paint and left a discoloration. I think he eventually got it off, but just be aware of the risk.
Found it: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44259 |
Car is silver, wanting to do the roof in black.
Never had plastidip do that, but not really had it on pained surfaces either. Mainly emblems and wheels. |
Go with vinyl it looks more natural, the plasti dip will have a matte finish. Plasti dip is alright for smaller items like you mentioned. I have a silver car too and i got my roof wrapped in gloss black and love how it looks
|
You'll need to clearcoat the plastidip for it to look good and be durable on your roof.
Otherwise, I agree with the rest, vinyl wrap the roof. Its easy, nearly as cheap and lasts longer. |
People still do this? Always ends up looking like crap after a few months. Wrap is the way to go.
|
Thanks for the input guys. Im sure the wrap is going to hold up better to fading, etc, and be easier to wash also.
Any suggestions on where to get some affordable wrap? Or is it all fairly similar? |
Quote:
https://www.metrorestyling.com/3M-10...ss1080g212.htm If you don't want the subtle metallic flake and just straight gloss, satin or matte black, then choose one of the other black vinyls. There are literally 402 of them. https://www.metrorestyling.com/Black...how=100&page=1 You can order samples of each for $1 each. Which I highly recommend if you want to choose something other than the metallic vinyl I noted above. You can buy vinyl off of Amazon, same brands from mostly the same vendors. |
Thanks for the links.
I would go with a satin black I think. |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.