Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sunglasses holder? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125942)

monkeybike 03-09-2018 12:33 AM

Sunglasses holder?
 
Does anyone know of an OEM or factory looking solution for sunglasses holders? Perhaps something from another Toyota or Subaru?

I've had a search and haven't come across much besides $2 aftermarket clips from China.

Surely someone has found something in the last 6 years :lol:

spike021 03-09-2018 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkeybike (Post 3055722)
Does anyone know of an OEM or factory looking solution for sunglasses holders? Perhaps something from another Toyota or Subaru?

I've had a search and haven't come across much besides $2 aftermarket clips from China.

Surely someone has found something in the last 6 years :lol:

So for a while I was putting my sunglasses case just in the glovebox, but recently I've started putting the case in the driver side bottle holder. It's just about deep enough to hold the whole case, which means it's not really easily visible to people looking inside unless they specifically look there. It's also pretty convenient while driving to grab them quickly to put them on.

ctmandu 03-09-2018 03:22 AM

mine go in the center vent for now, looking for ideas myself

xenarc 03-09-2018 07:55 AM

Door cup holder if the glasses have a case or pouch

Tcoat 03-09-2018 08:25 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...CPregMzdshfmug

Dadhawk 03-09-2018 08:53 AM

My solution to this is to wear cheap sunglasses (as in $20 or less) and put them in the cupholder, or on the passenger seat, or wherever they land.

Anytime I've ever owned a pair of expensive sunglasses I've lost or broken them in less than 2 months. My current pair of cheap sunglasses I've had for 5 years, and are still as good as new.

e30kawi 03-09-2018 09:45 AM

Get some cheap safety glasses. I've had the same pair for years, they cost like $4 and are scratch resistant. I always have a hat on so when I don't need them, that's where they live 24/7 whether I'm wearing the hat or not.

Overdrive 03-09-2018 09:53 AM

I use one of the door bottle holders for holding a glasses case (for normal glasses, but that's always an option). For sunglasses, I keep a pair of wayfarer style ones in a soft case and they fit nicely in the iPhone slot in the center console cup holder. Anything wider or thicker by design (e.g., Oakley Fuel Cell) obviously won't work there, but it's an option if whatever you use happens to fit in it. And they can sit deep enough that it won't interfere with the armrest sliding back and forth if you have one. Just a rather neat solution that happened to work.

I had a clip like @ERA showed in my previous cars, but usually I just wear my sunglasses and they go with me wherever I'm going. If I wear them and it turns to night before I get driving again, I just put them on the passenger seat, or in the back if I have a passenger.

Leonardo 03-09-2018 10:07 AM

My perscription Maui Jims (Best perscription sunglasses on earth) sit in my cupholder.

PetrolioBenzina 03-09-2018 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by e30kawi (Post 3055814)
Get some cheap safety glasses. I've had the same pair for years, they cost like $4 and are scratch resistant. I always have a hat on so when I don't need them, that's where they live 24/7 whether I'm wearing the hat or not.

Are those UV protective?

bkharmony 03-09-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 3055737)
... but recently I've started putting the case in the driver side bottle holder.

This is what I do. A bottle of water and sunglasses case fit fine.

e30kawi 03-09-2018 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetrolioBenzina (Post 3055833)
Are those UV protective?

Yes sir. I buy the dark smoked nemesis glasses.

finch1750 03-09-2018 11:42 AM

I usually leave mine in the center console in front of the cup holder. I always take them with me if I leave the car or if just temporary (like have been out all day and it got dark but I stop somewhere) I put them in a soft case and toss them in the glovebox.

I used to use a clip like @ERA but one pair I have now is too big a stretched it out til it didn't work anymore. My glasses just kept falling off

BirdTRD 03-09-2018 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I keep mine over the visor but there seems to be a release mechanism under the pedal on the right because every time I press it to the floor, they fly out and bonk me on the head. :iono:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.