Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Retrofit Armrest from an old car (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125207)

jordan7831 02-07-2018 04:11 PM

Retrofit Armrest from an old car
 
Hello everyone,

There may be a topic on this before but I did not find one exactly matching this question.

Has anyone tried to retrofit an OEM armrest from another car into ours?

I have a hinged armrest from our old 2002 dodge durango which is almost a perfect fit in terms of length and width, sans a half inch gap at the front which is needed to clear the e-brake.

Has anyone attempted this so far and if so, how were your results?

I appreciate that the aftermarket has options for us, but wanted to see if there are success stories.

Thanks in advance!
Jordan

Kerrija 02-07-2018 10:51 PM

If you can make it work and fit do up a DIY.

humfrz 02-08-2018 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordan7831 (Post 3040654)
Hello everyone,

There may be a topic on this before but I did not find one exactly matching this question.

Has anyone tried to retrofit an OEM armrest from another car into ours?

I have a hinged armrest from our old 2002 dodge durango which is almost a perfect fit in terms of length and width, sans a half inch gap at the front which is needed to clear the e-brake.

Has anyone attempted this so far and if so, how were your results?

I appreciate that the aftermarket has options for us, but wanted to see if there are success stories.

Thanks in advance!
Jordan

I took a custom armrest made for my miata and fitted it to my FR-S.

I like it because it is wide, so mrs humfrz and I don't have to elbow wrestle .....;)


humfrz


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.