Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Is it possible? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125201)

VoltsFRS2013 02-07-2018 11:27 AM

Is it possible?
 
19x8.5 +45MM offset on stock suspension.


I got a super good deal on some wheels BUT I don't want to buy coils lmao

Leonardo 02-07-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 (Post 3040423)
19x8.5 +45MM offset on stock suspension.


I got a super good deal on some wheels BUT I don't want to buy coils lmao



19x8.5 +45 will fit on stock suspension. No problems!

You could run 225/35/19's


Decent tire at a nice low price. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=17

Or go wider... 245/30/19's
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes

VoltsFRS2013 02-07-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3040499)
19x8.5 +45 will fit on stock suspension. No problems!



You could run 225/35/19's





Decent tire at a nice low price. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=17



Or go wider... 245/30/19's

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...omCompare1=yes



Thank you so much! I got an awesome deal on some $1600 19's.. im only paying $400 for a whole set with TPMS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leonardo 02-07-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 (Post 3040507)
Thank you so much! I got an awesome deal on some $1600 19's.. im only paying $400 for a whole set with TPMS


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice! I hope getting a deal like that means you have more money for tires!!!!!


Post pics when you get them installed.


:cheers:

VoltsFRS2013 02-07-2018 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3040518)
Nice! I hope getting a deal like that means you have more money for tires!!!!!


Post pics when you get them installed.


:cheers:

https://i.imgur.com/nWvytip.png

Of course! and hey, thanks again buddy! A friend of mine has the wheels and he pretty much just buys wheels for the giggles. I don't know how much he paid for them or where he got them from but these are the wheels. His are silver though and were slightly worn out. The part about the whole transaction that set it in stone for me is that he took the time to sand them down so all the imperfections are gone and he's having them painted by a local shop in the color I want. (which is going to be Charcoalish Gray on an Ultramarine FRS)

Clipdat 02-07-2018 07:20 PM

Putting 19s on twin. Probably one of the worst possible things you could do to the car, especially if you like the way it drives and handles currently.

VoltsFRS2013 02-07-2018 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clipdat (Post 3040754)
Putting 19s on twin. Probably one of the worst possible things you could do to the car, especially if you like the way it drives and handles currently.



If i dont like it i'll just sell the setup and move on haha, i'm not too bothered by what ive heard in terms of ride changes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tcoat 02-07-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 (Post 3040757)
If i dont like it i'll just sell the setup and move on haha, i'm not too bothered by what ive heard in terms of ride changes


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will not enjoy the lack of sidewall. If ride was all that was impacted that would be one thing but it will handle like crap. As you said though if you really don't like it it won't be a big deal to sell them and go back.

VoltsFRS2013 02-14-2018 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3040836)
You will not enjoy the lack of sidewall. If ride was all that was impacted that would be one thing but it will handle like crap. As you said though if you really don't like it it won't be a big deal to sell them and go back.

Had the opportunity to drive an FRS with similar mods as mine (almost 1:1 on mods) with these wheels.

I actually don't understand where all the hate is coming from when it comes to 19s. the car was riding on 225/35's lowered on TRD Springs. The tires were Nitto Nexens.

I felt 3x more confident ramming the car around twistes than on my 17s from the factory. I will say very clearly the turning radius was affected and probably the initial speed but honestly it's not that bad lol

Tcoat 02-14-2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 (Post 3044119)
Had the opportunity to drive an FRS with similar mods as mine (almost 1:1 on mods) with these wheels.

I actually don't understand where all the hate is coming from when it comes to 19s. the car was riding on 225/35's lowered on TRD Springs. The tires were Nitto Nexens.

I felt 3x more confident ramming the car around twistes than on my 17s from the factory. I will say very clearly the turning radius was affected and probably the initial speed but honestly it's not that bad lol

I don't hate them. I have run 19s on a couple of cars and simply don't like the impact they have on handling. There is just not enough sidewall for me.

Cole 02-14-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 (Post 3044119)
Had the opportunity to drive an FRS with similar mods as mine (almost 1:1 on mods) with these wheels.

I actually don't understand where all the hate is coming from when it comes to 19s. the car was riding on 225/35's lowered on TRD Springs. The tires were Nitto Nexens.

I felt 3x more confident ramming the car around twistes than on my 17s from the factory. I will say very clearly the turning radius was affected and probably the initial speed but honestly it's not that bad lol

Well, are you on the Primacies? Those don't inspire confidence in anything except for gas mileage.

VoltsFRS2013 02-14-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 3044130)
Well, are you on the Primacies? Those don't inspire confidence in anything except for gas mileage.

I'm on Eagle F1's or something really bad like that lmao


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.