Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   ijdtoy 4th brake light (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124602)

Blueboyfrs 01-11-2018 01:17 AM

ijdtoy 4th brake light
 
hey guys and girl I just wanted to share with you a video I did on the 4th brake light install.It was super easy lmk what you think thanks
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQyzClIfboc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQyzClIfboc[/ame]

MJones_RB 01-11-2018 06:11 PM

GReat job!

Blueboyfrs 01-12-2018 12:31 AM

Thanks man it was super easy to install

Aipex8 02-06-2018 11:15 PM

Very cool. Thanks for the vid, I was wondering if I could use the existing housing and just drill in. I had a similar mod on my RX-8 using the OEM fog light housing (made my own wiring harness and switch to switch between brake and fog). I'll probably do the same with the 86. VLEDS Triton bulbs are great because you can do this without a socket. Just Dremel out a couple of notches for the screws on the Triton and install (if your comfortable making your own harness).

http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/v6-triton.html

Teseo 02-06-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aipex8 (Post 3040227)
Very cool. Thanks for the vid, I was wondering if I could use the existing housing and just drill in. I had a similar mod on my RX-8 using the OEM fog light housing (made my own wiring harness and switch to switch between brake and fog). I'll probably do the same with the 86. VLEDS Triton bulbs are great because you can do this without a socket. Just Dremel out a couple of notches for the screws on the Triton and install (if your comfortable making your own harness).

http://www.vleds.com/shop-products/v6-triton.html

At that price i would rather buy GCS light

Blueboyfrs 02-07-2018 01:26 PM

yea for that price i'll stick with the ijdm toys one looks cool tho

Aipex8 02-10-2018 10:46 PM

Yeah, they are a little spendy, but I had my RX-8 totally converted to Tritons and they are incredibly bright and reliable. Brighter than anything else you'll be able to fit in the stock housing. I've never seen any of the aftermarket LED bars, so I don't know how bright and reliable they are.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.