Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Parked Outside (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119628)

BaatLuk 06-19-2017 05:23 PM

Parked Outside
 
Who parks their brand new BRZ/86 outside everyday? What steps are you taking to protect it from the nature (sun), people, and everything else that could harm your car?

MurderousPandas 06-19-2017 05:36 PM

I park mine outside in the sun, no garage or shade at my house. I live in Key Largo, a salty, hot, and humid climate. I try to wash and quick wax once every one to two weeks, but so far i have no fade or sun damage to my car, and it's been in this climate for 5 years. I do notice the black trim wil grey and sometimes shrink the seals, so just watch your seals around the door frame.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Scrappydoo 06-19-2017 06:10 PM

Subbed.

sdemo 06-19-2017 06:17 PM

Parked Outside
 
http://images115.fotki.com/v607/phot...ver_car-vi.jpg


Mine isn't brand new anymore. I park it outside.

new2subaru 06-19-2017 06:33 PM

Nothing and I think it's holding up pretty well.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZLdB3Az3KFI/maxresdefault.jpg

DandoX 06-19-2017 06:36 PM

I hunt the shade like the lion hunts the gazelle. I stalk and sneak up on it and then pounce and before it even knows what hit it, Bam! I'm parked and escaped the sun another day.

humfrz 06-19-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaatLuk (Post 2931598)
Who parks their brand new BRZ/86 outside everyday? What steps are you taking to protect it from the nature (sun), people, and everything else that could harm your car?

In California...??

I suggest you wax it at least twice a year.

Don't park next to irrigation sprinklers.

Don't park under messy trees.

NEVER leave ANYTHING in the car when parked.

Park in well lit areas if possible.


humfrz

Tcoat 06-19-2017 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wax.
And wash.
It is a car.
It is designed to sit outside.
As said protect from the sun when possible.
I find a heavy coating of snow does the trick.

alan.chalkley 06-19-2017 08:44 PM

Maybe a good quality car cover

stevesnj 06-19-2017 09:35 PM

In warm to hot weather I always crack the window about an inch or two to let the heat escape. Interior glues and plastics hate hot temps so I do this all the time. Takes less time
for the A/C to cool the interior too after being in the sun all day.

Mr.ac 06-19-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaatLuk (Post 2931598)
Who parks their brand new BRZ/86 outside everyday? What steps are you taking to protect it from the nature (sun), people, and everything else that could harm your car?

Nothing. Your car can take it. Maybe bird shit, might want to clean that off.
Only thing that can harm it is other people.

If your still too worried about any car being out side, your bought the wrong car.

dattran86 06-20-2017 10:49 AM

Its a 20 thousand dollar cheap sport car.

that was design for you to drive the piss out of it, and take the abuse.

I wouldn't care about parking it outside, snow, sun or rain.

86geek 06-20-2017 12:37 PM

Get your car ceramic coated with either Optimum Gloss Coat, Optimum Opticoat Pro or Cquartz Finest. Best $400.00 investment on my car that sits out 24/7 in the hot Hawaiian sun. Ceramic coatings have UV protection. Easy to wash your car and maintain. I suggest that to anyone who buys a new car. Best to do when car is brand new vs a car that is a few years old. Paint correction is costly so doing a ceramic coating to a brand new car with not much swirling and marring shouldn't cost too much. Just my two cents! ;)

DaBoBo21 06-20-2017 01:48 PM

I'm stationed in San Antonio, TX and my fiance and I have both an FR-S and a BRZ. We usually wash once a week and apply a quick detail wax w/ UV protectant after every wash. We also alternate who's car takes the garage to share the UV exposure. Our cars are still shiny and smooth like the day we bought them. Also, don't let bugs, tar, pollen, and bird crap stay on the paint for more than a few days... No bueno for the clear coat, especially under the sun.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.