Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Mirrioring iphone on frs HU (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116952)

allowe 03-27-2017 04:14 PM

Mirrioring iphone on frs HU
 
I've seen videos of the brz headunit mirrioring phones, what I'm wondering is, can you do it with this headunit ?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8066201abc.jpg

Im trying to not replace this piece of sh*t headunit by being able to somehow have google maps on it or any type of navigation.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radroach 03-27-2017 04:36 PM

The BRZ HU had an rca input for reverse cameras, and its a rather impractical install because you have to have a converter.

Try what I did and check out a Sony xspn1bt, it's a HU with phone mount, bt voice (google search, maps, etc) radio cd and 1.5a usb.

http://i.imgur.com/uUJNXbg.jpg

allowe 03-27-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radroach (Post 2880205)
The BRZ HU had an rca input for reverse cameras, and its a rather impractical install because you have to have a converter.

Try what I did and check out a Sony xspn1bt, it's a HU with phone mount, bt voice (google search, maps, etc) radio cd and 1.5a usb.

http://i.imgur.com/uUJNXbg.jpg



That is the coolest thing I've ever seen! Does it require a Sony phone tho? I love my iphone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radroach 03-27-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allowe (Post 2880222)
That is the coolest thing I've ever seen! Does it require a Sony phone tho? I love my iphone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will work with most phones. Your phone will either need a power button on front, or tap / wave to wake. Also you may need to modify it to make your phone stay in. I used a strip of sugru to make a sturdy mount on it. Imight make a review about the hu since I like it so much.

radroach 03-27-2017 07:12 PM

@allowe http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...82#post2880282

allowe 03-27-2017 07:27 PM

Mirrioring iphone on frs HU
 
The guy isn't sure if it works with iPhone though. I wonder what the sound quality is like too but omg this isn't even that expensive!! I need to do tons of research on it.

Any problems you've had personally with it?

Edit: LOL nevermind it's u!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radroach 03-27-2017 07:28 PM

I wrote the problems I've had in the review. Mostly minor issues with workarounds.

Iphone should work fine with bluetooth.

allowe 03-27-2017 07:29 PM

Sorry I didn't look at the OP. Does it still reset ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allowe 03-27-2017 07:32 PM

The sound quality isn't the best according to you. That's my top priority. I'd rather not have anything else but that. My current hu is okay but when I plug my single DIN kenwood, it sounds a lot better .


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chimera 03-28-2017 10:29 AM

to better help you, we probably need a list of priorities
Sound Quality
Phone Mirroring
Nav, (above or below mirroring)
apple carplay support?
built in Pandora support over BT? (just reaching for examples to fill out a list)


And then a budget target
and then how much work you're willing to do yourself


:)


It sounds like you don't really need mirroring, you're just looking for enhanced functionality that might better leverage your phones capabilities?

allowe 03-28-2017 10:41 AM

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get maximum sound quality. Phone mirroring would be the second best priority. I'd use google maps instead of on screen nav. I'm now maybe considering those rear view mirrors with android platform installed on them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chimera 03-28-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allowe (Post 2880662)
I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get maximum sound quality. Phone mirroring would be the second best priority. I'd use google maps instead of on screen nav. I'm now maybe considering those rear view mirrors with android platform installed on them


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If budget isn't a concern get a good name brand dbl din HU with car play, you'll get sound quality options, better on board amp hardware, car play features including maps control.. etc


BUT.. they are pricy.

allowe 03-28-2017 10:47 AM

Mirrioring iphone on frs HU
 
Err would rather spend that on an oft lol. I did look into pioneer nex and they seem like solid units. But I'll just wait for a used one maybe as they're almost a grand CAD

Chimera 03-28-2017 11:07 AM

maybe Sony XAV-AX100?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.