Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Spray from road ice mitigation (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114951)

bcj 01-27-2017 07:30 PM

Spray from road ice mitigation
 
Seems the "Ask a Detailer" sticky is behind the times.

I got some sort of spray from following to closely. The roads had been sprayed with de-icer yesterday.
Today there were indelible white spots all over the windshield that the washer and wiper wouldn't budge.
When I got home, I tried water, Fantastic cleaner, Windex and even Rain-X.
Nothing would move the spots until I tried straight white vinegar.
That did the job for the windshield, but I'm wondering about about the paint on my '13 FRS Whiteout.
Can't see it right now, but I know it's all over the hood and front fascia.

Will vinegar be ok on fairly non-fresh Whiteout paint?

I've got clay and lots of lube spray if that's what it will take, but the vinegar would cost a bit less elbow grease.

Tcoat 01-27-2017 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcj (Post 2840786)
Seems the "Ask a Detailer" sticky is behind the times.

I got some sort of spray from following to closely. The roads had been sprayed with de-icer yesterday.
Today there were indelible white spots all over the windshield that the washer and wiper wouldn't budge.
When I got home, I tried water, Fantastic cleaner, Windex and even Rain-X.
Nothing would move the spots until I tried straight white vinegar.
That did the job for the windshield, but I'm wondering about about the paint on my '13 FRS Whiteout.
Can't see it right now, but I know it's all over the hood and front fascia.

Will vinegar be ok on fairly non-fresh Whiteout paint?

I've got clay and lots of lube spray if that's what it will take, but the vinegar would cost a bit less elbow grease.

Calcium chloride. Vinegar away it won't hurt the paint in any way. Just throw a coat of wax back on after you are done.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.