![]() |
Can I fit rims with 5x114 bolt pattern?
So from looking around...our cars run 5x100 bolt pattern. Would I run into any problems if I run a set of sparco 18x8 with a bolt pattern of 5x114?
|
Yes, you can. Sort of.
You need conversion spacers. They bolt on to a hub with 5x100 pattern and have studs in 5x114 so you can bolt the spacers to the hubs and the wheels to the spacers. They usually run about 15mm thick, so keep that in mind when wheel shopping. On the other hand, Sparco makes plenty of 5x100 wheels, so why would you? edit: FIRST! |
To bolt the wheels up, you would need a set of conversion spacers. They will bolt to your hubs, and present a set of 5x114.5 lugs for your wheels to bolt on to.
For example: http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/medi...sc_frs_brz.jpg |
Quote:
got it in a second before me! |
Quote:
Ok gotcha. was browsing around on "let go" the app..and someone had a set with tires for a really good price so I thought I'd take a look. |
Check out Tirerack's selection. Sparco wheels aren't terribly expensive brand new, so look at the cost of conversion spacers and see if you're really saving any money with the used wheels.
Also look up wheels for a 2006 VW Jetta GLS on Tirerack. Tirerack tries to be excessively helpful, so if you look up a 2013 FR-S, you'll only get results for offsets similar to OEM (+48). The 2006 Jetta is also 5x100, but the offsets are much nicer (+35). That's my only problem with Tirerack's site. |
I used to run 5x114.3 wheels on my FRS. Had no problems at all. Only thing that makes it a hassle is if your wheels do not have enough backspacing, you will need to shave your OEM studs to fit the wheels with the spacer.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'd be happy to help. |
There's also this option... Just change the whole wheel bearing and hub assembly...
http://www.frsport.com/-5x100-to-5x1..._p_142325.html http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...sp?prodid=1580 |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.