![]() |
Getting opti coat this weekend, anything we should know?
Hi me and my love are getting opticoat on our frs' this weekend. Is there anything we should know before hand or after the fact? Best products to use to wash our car from now on? His is garage kept, mine is like half of the time only.
|
The place applying the coating should take care of any prep work for you. Caring for the coating after is just "business as usual", meaning standard paint care by your method of choice, be it the 2 bucket method, Gary Dean method etc.
Really the only extra care you'll need to worry about is any excessive spot removal, and rubbing the coating aggressively. Don't buff or polish it, and remove any bird droppings, tar, bugs, etc. as soon as possible. Non-abrasive waxes would be fine to apply. |
I use Opticoat Instant Detailer every other wash. Keep a bottle of it in your trunk along with a microfiber towel. So you can wipe off bird crap from your car.
I buy it from amazon the concentrated version & mix it with Distilled water. Ratio is 1part instant detailer to 3 parts water. Buy a spray bottle with the measurements, 3 to 1. One bottle of instant detailer concentrate lasts me one year. I use Optimum Spray wax every 3 months or so. Check out the Optimum forum. Best $400.00 I spent to get Opticoat Pro. :thumbup: |
Don't get overcharged. I wanted to do mine initially but the detailer wanted an exorbitant amount, like $700-$1000 for a compound + opticoat.
|
Quote:
The detailer who put on my Opticoat last November said that the licensed sellers were being forced to raise the cost of Opticoat from $400/$500 range up to $800+. I was right on the edge of the new pricepoint, so he was nice enough to give me the old pricing. |
@Hot-Lava_Dave
Yeah I just can't agree with some trumped-up price fixing scheme. A lot of detailers already put themselves on a pedestal. And while yes it is a luxury service and has some degree of skill involved, I don't think a detailer should assume he can charge exorbitant prices just because some people are dumb enough to pay it. Pick a reasonable and honest hourly rate, cover your overhead and be sincere about the billing. After talking with a mobile detailer who was asking $400 for just the detailing/correction, I checked around and found a more reasonable person to do wash, clay, ironx, a single step compound (all I needed) and a wax for $150. The mobile detailer complained he was just trying to cover overhead (meaning the new jacked up Z71 with a custom paint job he showed up with). Sorry buddy, not gonna subsidize your wasteful spending. |
i had gtechniq exo v2 and paint correction done for 300.
Use a ph balanced car wash soap detailers with no fillers inbetween washes |
| All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) -
vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.