Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member's Car Journals (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ModBargains.com/PASMAG/MotoIQ.com - StayCrushing FRS - Track Conversion (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107158)

ModBargains.com 06-15-2016 01:09 PM

ModBargains.com/PASMAG/MotoIQ.com - StayCrushing FRS - Track Conversion
 
Hey guys!

I am giving one last hurrah at finishing this car, a few of you may recognize the car from this photo of how it all originally began.

http://ksportusa.com/kblog/wp-conten...2/IMG_7656.jpg

Ill go through a few of the stages and what the current end goal is and who I will be working with, as well as showcasing a few parts that I believe are a solid option for us FRS/BRZ owners.

http://www.stancenation.com/wp-conte...7/IMG_7302.jpg

Naturally every build begins for different reasons, mine ultimately stemmed from a render of a widebody kit that popped up over 4 years ago.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LP24p_AO07g/maxresdefault.jpg

The reason why I am posting it on this ModBargains account is due to the fact that I not only work here, but part of the build will take place here, as well as some of the parts have been sourced through here. its just easier to track all of the different parts of the build that way.

http://blog.modbargains.com/wp-conte..._reveal-15.jpg

Other media outlets to look for are:

PASMAG.com
PASMAG - Magazine
MOTOIQ.com
ModBargains.com - blog

IG:
@pasmag
@motoiq
@ModBargains
@modauto
@staycrushing

I will be not only providing the parts I use, but also links to various parts of the installs and installed photos as well as in depth PERSONAL reviews on the parts. I don't think many of you, like me care about the specs of something, more so the benefits of it over the features.

This car will be changing from its "Internet hype/stance" phase to a true hardcore performance car with the help of the crew from MotoIQ.com

For those of you that have not heard of MotoIQ, Mike and his crew are the ones responsible for Dai Yoshihara's FD car set up and he is and extremely experienced and well versed as well as well recognized individual in the automotive world. His knowledge of everything down to even tire compounds and alignment are what allow his teams to have that edge of even 1/10th of a second over the competition.

As updates come through on this build, All various platforms of media including this thread will be updated.

D5teph 06-15-2016 05:08 PM

Can't wait to see the progress bro!

King Tut 06-22-2016 09:31 AM

Can't wait to see this thing hitting the track instead of hitting the streets.

olsonpg 06-22-2016 10:55 AM

booya

ModBargains.com 08-15-2016 05:22 PM

Motor is in pieces!!!! will be adding to this thread more updates soon,

heres a sneak peek!

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram...NjkxNQ%3D%3D.2

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram...NTExOA%3D%3D.2

i was on a 6 week break from work, but now im back!

Wimpy 08-15-2016 05:27 PM

I can't wait to see this move to the track.

ModBargains.com 08-29-2016 01:10 PM

update:

rotating assembly is all balanced,
all gaskets and hardware is in
shortblock assembly should be together by end of week
waiting on head to come back from machine shop.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.