Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Sylvania vs Diode Dynamics LED's question (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106901)

radroach 06-09-2016 02:28 PM

Sylvania vs Diode Dynamics LED's question
 
I have a Sylvania LED in, looks ok. But I'm wondering if the Diode Dynamics bulbs are any better? Thanks.

FR-S Neck 06-20-2016 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radroach (Post 2675699)
I have a Sylvania LED in, looks ok. But I'm wondering if the Diode Dynamics bulbs are any better? Thanks.

You have the LED in where? Trunk? Cabin? Side marker? Signal? DRL? I'm not sure how your Sylvania looks... but I run Diode Dynamics LEDs in every location in my car and they work and look fantastic.

XanRules 06-20-2016 04:37 PM

DD is a great company but there's no reason to believe their stuff will be any better than Sylvania.

continuecrushing 06-20-2016 04:46 PM

like others said, which bulbs are you referring to?

LED technology is constantly getting better, and there are new designs that out perform previous generations of LEDS.
@Diodedynamics does a really great job with research, development and creating "true" output numbers for their products.

FWIW, I run Diode Dynamics stuff on my car, and have for the past few years with great results. Plus a real warranty? Top choice in my book

ryoma 06-20-2016 05:07 PM

if you have LED head light bulbs... get rid of them and put back your normal ones.

radroach 06-20-2016 09:36 PM

I apologize guys, I was talking about the interior dome light. I bought a sylvania LED bulb and was wondering if the DD might have any difference in quality.

Though I am also about to buy a DD LED kit for the rear licence plate.

XanRules 06-20-2016 11:02 PM

Part of me loves questions like this because it shows people really want to do their research and do things right, another part of me wants to just be like "dude, it's your fucking dome light. It's a light bulb. In your car. It's okay."

ryoma 06-21-2016 01:24 AM

might as well add a dome light to your order so it can ship with your license plate bulb. they're pretty cheap anyways. I have all DD interior LEDs along with their license plate bulbs and they work great.

Chimera 06-21-2016 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanRules (Post 2685842)
Part of me loves questions like this because it shows people really want to do their research and do things right, another part of me wants to just be like "dude, it's your fucking dome light. It's a light bulb. In your car. It's okay."



I relate a lot to this... its an impractical car on the whole, I have an impractical dome light too.. mine is just two boards with 9 red LEDs per board. light output at night is practically useless but it looks cool.


Anyways for useful comments, I have the DD license plate LEDs. they work as advertised, which is to say they are pretty good.

mende21 06-21-2016 02:31 PM

I have the DD dome light with 6 white led's and it's a lot brighter than stock. That one is worth it since there is only one interior light.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.