Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How much power to gain/lose? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104115)

Timmy_Jones 04-07-2016 03:08 PM

How much power to gain/lose?

Current exhaust setup: Tomei UEL/Overpipe, Stock Front Pipe, N1 catback

Potential exhaust additions:
Nvidia catted front pipe - what will I gain?
Nvidia q300 - will I lose anything?

This will be run with the v3 Vortech setup, tuned with OFT.

I would like my exhaust to be a little more quiet, but don't want to lose power. I am guessing the front pipe will actually make it louder, but will it add power?

Tectoniic 04-07-2016 03:16 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ryoma 04-07-2016 03:17 PM

nothing noticeable. you already got your best gains with the header, especially if you have a tune with it.

MisterSheep 04-07-2016 03:18 PM

Not much gains from a catback honestly... Better to go high flow cat with q300 catback for quieter exhaust without sacrificing anything.

NyC Zn6 04-07-2016 03:18 PM

Probably 2hp gain with front pipe if anything lol

Timmy_Jones 04-07-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NyC Zn6 (Post 2613874)
Probably 2hp gain with front pipe if anything lol

Which makes me think I am going to stick with the exhaust as-is, but I wanted to check.

go_a_way1 04-07-2016 03:20 PM

Facepalm here

NyC Zn6 04-07-2016 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 2613876)
Which makes me think I am going to stick with the exhaust as-is, but I wanted to check.

It's cool..now get that Vortech installed :burnrubber:

go_a_way1 04-07-2016 03:22 PM

If you have to ask this please do not put a blower on your car. Only bad things will come of it when you run into issues down the road.

Timmy_Jones 04-07-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2613886)
If you have to ask this please do not put a blower on your car. Only bad things will come of it when you run into issues down the road.

Since there are hundreds of threads, when searching for Front Pipe and Cat-Backs regarding Dynos, and not always in the same place, with the further complexity of a Forced Induction application…I figured I would ask.

I do appreciate your concern, since you are assimilating asking what you would consider an obvious question, with an inability to ‘fix’ what is surely going to be a kit that blows my car. I will be sure to skip over any posts by you, in the future.

ZOMFGAARON 04-07-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 2613894)
Since there are hundreds of threads, when searching for Front Pipe and Cat-Backs regarding Dynos, and not always in the same place, with the further complexity of a Forced Induction application…I figured I would ask.

I do appreciate your concern, since you are assimilating asking what you would consider an obvious question, with an inability to ‘fix’ what is surely going to be a kit that blows my car. I will be sure to skip over any posts by you, in the future.

http://media.tumblr.com/6cca696b55e3...rR11qz4rgp.gif

go_a_way1 04-07-2016 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmy_Jones (Post 2613894)

Honestly I am just worried your going to be another one of those guys who cant fix their car when they blow a hose clamp. I dont know you or your skills, and I dont mean to be attacking you or talking down. I have just seen it too many times and it normally comes from people who ask simple questions similar to yours. I hope you are better then those other guys I just put 2 and 2 together because there are a lot of dumb people out there with money (again I am not saying thats you, just a general assumption).

To answer your question:
Your catback will have the biggest impact on the sound. The front pipe going from OEM to catless hardly changed the sound (OEM headers at the time) at all with a TRD catback in my experience so if you keep a cat there I wager to say it will sound basically the same everything else equal. The midipe with a cat in it still will not net you any real gains. The good news is your catback will not gain/lose (provided its decent) any measurable HP numbers. In conclusion save you money with the midpip unless you going for 400+hp where you truly need more flow (at what point you should be catless anyways) and pick the catback you like best.

go_a_way1 04-07-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZOMFGAARON (Post 2613897)

lol!!! I guess my post did come across a little aggressive.

ichitaka05 04-07-2016 03:42 PM

Before escalade more, here's the thing. Exhaust setup isn't just simple gain or loose hp. Catted front pipe won't gain much hp to began with & Q300 catback won't loose hp anyways. Catback is mostly for driver's ear than anything else (maybe weight fact).

Tbh don't waste your money on front pipe or OFT & get EcuTek and get actual dyno tune. Current exhaust setup is good enough.