Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Swaps (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Auto 2jz (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103941)

Carnewbee 04-04-2016 05:27 AM

Auto 2jz
 
So I have an auto and know I'm going to get slack but I have issues with leg and can't physically drive a stick. I want to drop a 2jz into the 86, is there much difference in dropping in a auto compared to manual? I'd suspect more $$$ will be needed but I don't have much option between manual an auto..... I for would be great. Thanks

SmsAlSuwaidi 04-04-2016 06:01 AM

I might be joining you a few years down the road with my disk issues !

Shouldn't be too different, its already a lot of work ( Harness and ecu side ), and i'd just put a th400 in it or a fully rebuilt a340e by ATF.

slicktop 04-04-2016 01:59 PM

@Pure Automotive has a TH400 if I recall correctly.

go_a_way1 04-04-2016 02:00 PM

In for another build thread we are never going to see.

Carnewbee 04-04-2016 06:24 PM

I was tho king it can't be to different to manual a little more work with ecu etc. I'm off to get a quote from a shop today and hopefully get the ball rolling.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.