Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Black Trunk? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103823)

Steelscion 04-01-2016 03:44 PM

Black Trunk?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I don't know the best and cheapest option. I like the 5 axis spoiler lip with trunk.

1.carbonfiber trunk with lip already formed then spray black (1 piece)

2.vinyal wrap oem trunk and seperate lip

3.paint oem trunk and lip black

Attachment 134670

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

swarb 04-01-2016 03:48 PM

no

ZionsWrath 04-01-2016 03:48 PM

wrap it so if you hate it you can peel it off.

finch1750 04-01-2016 04:01 PM

Plastidip is cheapest

mmmcambelsoup 04-01-2016 04:08 PM

...damn what an ugly car. :barf:

[edit]
It's actually carbon fiber, not just black. Which I am going back and forth on paint matching and leaving some carbon exposed. Only because I have carbon accents on the front of vehicle and in the engine bay.

At the end of the day, it's your car.. do what you want. You don't need others to tell you what you do and don't like. So the "best" option is really up to you. @Steelscion If you have financial restraints, your cheapest option is plastidip and fleabay 3m attached duckbill.

http://s8.postimg.org/918dfw9s5/Full_Size_Render.jpg

shiumai 04-01-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmcambelsoup (Post 2607111)
...damn what an ugly car. :barf:

I see what you did there ;)

ajaxthebetter 04-01-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmcambelsoup (Post 2607111)
...damn what an ugly car. :barf:

Put a quarta' in ya ass cuz you jus' played yaself.

CatScan 04-01-2016 05:53 PM

Don't forget the FreshAsF*ck plate frame.

ARTBRZ 04-01-2016 06:33 PM

Looks like you have 3 colors. Black, silver and off white (bumper). Just paint the whole car.

DAEMANO 04-01-2016 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelscion (Post 2607076)
I don't know the best and cheapest option. I like the 5 axis spoiler lip with trunk.

1.carbonfiber trunk with lip already formed then spray black (1 piece)

2.vinyal wrap oem trunk and seperate lip

3.paint oem trunk and lip black

Attachment 134670

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cheapest to most expensive

1. Trunk trade OEM raven trunk + add knock-off ducktail spoiler self plasti-dipped

2. Do the same as #1 with Vinyl

3. Do the same as #1 with paint

4. Buy USED trunk with integrated spoiler and plasti-dip

5. Do same as #4 but with vinyl

6. Do same as #4 but with paint

7. Buy aftermarket trunk with integrated ducktail spoiler and plasti-dip

8. Do same as #7 but with vinyl

9. Do same as #7 but with paint

10. Can't believe I took the time to type this.

humfrz 04-01-2016 08:18 PM

How about the "do nothing" option ......:popcorn:



humfrz

Turbo95eg6 04-01-2016 08:43 PM

Black doors of you wanna be a straight up baller (just one)

WNDSRFR 04-02-2016 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
5 Axis spoiler and Plastidip. I've done some really stupid stuff with Plastidip but if you don't like it, it just peels off. I haven't done the top of the trunk yet. Maybe I'll do that next.

WNDSRFR 04-02-2016 10:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another angle.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.