Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Negative comments/remarks thrown at your beautiful car? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102719)

purearsenal 03-10-2016 09:10 PM

Negative comments/remarks thrown at your beautiful car?

I recently saw a post in the FR-S section of the forum about the compliments that people have received because of their car. However, I don't think I've ever seen a post about any negative comments that people have might got from random strangers, friends, family, etc :iono:.

About 1 month into owning my BRZ, i pulled up into a little shopping center so that I could buy some french fries. It was packed so I found an open space right where a group of middle schoolers were hanging out. As soon as i was half way into the burger joint, they yelled out "daaaaaaaaamn thats a gay ass car". At first I didn't think nothing of it assuming they weren't referring to me. I was wrong:thumbdown::thumbdown:. They said the same phrase again as I turned on my car, as I was leaving the parking area and just to make sure that I knew they were talking about me, they decided to to yell "daaaaaamn thats a gay ass car, the red one leaving over there". Yup, my first outspoken haters came in the form of little 13 year old middle schoolers:mad0259:. So does anyone else have a hater story to tell?

gravitylover 03-10-2016 09:15 PM

I don't think a day goes by that my wife doesn't say something negative about my car. She won't even drive it when her car is in the shop. I've given up caring...

Chad86 03-10-2016 09:50 PM

Haters gonna hate. They are probably just jealous and don't know anything about cars. Especially at their age. People who hate this car have no idea what it is all about.

Take pride in ownership of our wicked little cars and don't give a damn what other people think. To each their own.

Spacemane969 03-10-2016 09:56 PM

Just people yelling homophobic slurs because I changed into their lane. Had a lot of people rage for no reason simply because of what the car is.

zigzagz94 03-10-2016 10:09 PM

Who cares....does the car put a smile on your face when you're behind the wheel? That's all that matters.

Joyride86 03-10-2016 10:25 PM

OP, you are undoubtedly a better person than me because I definitely would have said something inappropriate back. It doesn't matter if they are 13 or 100. In this case, these feral disrespectful brats need a reality check.

You should've asked what he/she drives. Then say, "oh wait, you're a pedestrian. Enjoy your walk" and slowly drive away as you roll up the windows.

cjd 03-10-2016 10:26 PM

So far, just fellow owners whining like crazy about how slow and horribly underpowered the car is...

Jonesy86 03-10-2016 10:28 PM

Most car guys call the innovate/sprintes supercharger, "cute". Aside from one vaping dbag in a stock 2007 wrx, i have had no issues. Dude got smoked, btw.

ShadowReaper 03-10-2016 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purearsenal (Post 2576824)
I recently saw a post in the FR-S section of the forum about the compliments that people have received because of their car. However, I don't think I've ever seen a post about any negative comments that people have might got from random strangers, friends, family, etc :iono:.

About 1 month into owning my BRZ, i pulled up into a little shopping center so that I could buy some french fries. It was packed so I found an open space right where a group of middle schoolers were hanging out. As soon as i was half way into the burger joint, they yelled out "daaaaaaaaamn thats a gay ass car". At first I didn't think nothing of it assuming they weren't referring to me. I was wrong:thumbdown::thumbdown:. They said the same phrase again as I turned on my car, as I was leaving the parking area and just to make sure that I knew they were talking about me, they decided to to yell "daaaaaamn thats a gay ass car, the red one leaving over there". Yup, my first outspoken haters came in the form of little 13 year old middle schoolers:mad0259:. So does anyone else have a hater story to tell?

I would have revved the f*** out of my car to shut them up. See how gay that sounds.

ShadowReaper 03-10-2016 11:06 PM

Not near as much negative, as positive comments.

The only one I can remember is this dude with an Integra that did an engine swap, said "Nice.....that's slow" when I mentioned what I had.

BRZtoni 03-10-2016 11:27 PM

my coworkers call my car a prius haha

go_a_way1 03-10-2016 11:30 PM

Well mine is too well done up. The only one that hates on it is @MisterSheep cuz we like to make rice jokes all the time

funwheeldrive 03-10-2016 11:40 PM

People always complain to me about how low the car is whenever they get in.

They have clearly never ridden in an Elise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravitylover (Post 2576826)
I don't think a day goes by that my wife doesn't say something negative about my car. She won't even drive it when her car is in the shop. I've given up caring...

This made me sad. My wife isn't into cars, but she understands my love for them.

purearsenal 03-11-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zigzagz94 (Post 2576868)
Who cares....does the car put a smile on your face when you're behind the wheel? That's all that matters.

Definitely puts a smile on my face, I was just asking since our cars are always getting compliments. Wanted to see if anyone got the opposite of it. :D