Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Want-To-Buy Requests (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   ECU TEK CABLE AND LICENSE? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102675)

nickmerronesucks 03-09-2016 04:45 PM

ECU TEK CABLE AND LICENSE?
 
Wtb ecutek cable and license used if possible

go_a_way1 03-09-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmerronesucks (Post 2575007)
Wtb ecutek cable and license used if possible

You cant buy a license from someone. You can only get the cable and dongle. You will have to buy the license and tune from your tuner.

Ashikabi 03-10-2016 08:48 AM

What goaway said. I recommend Delicious Tuning.

nickmerronesucks 03-10-2016 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2575018)
You cant buy a license from someone. You can only get the cable and dongle. You will have to buy the license and tune from your tuner.

okay great, I wasn't 100 percent sure. I have been talking with delicious and I was just trying to see if i could save a few bucks. I am switching from OFT to ecutek this year.

Ashikabi 03-10-2016 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmerronesucks (Post 2575613)
okay great, I wasn't 100 percent sure. I have been talking with delicious and I was just trying to see if i could save a few bucks. I am switching from OFT to ecutek this year.

Why switch? To my knowledge the only benefits to ecutek is map switching and flex fuel. OFT is working on flex fuel and map switching isn't very useful

jasonojordan 03-10-2016 09:10 AM

I got mine from delicious as well with the e85 module and tune. tune is a bit off in cooler weather on cold start but have not had a chance to get them cold start logs for them to adjust it.

Ashikabi 03-10-2016 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmerronesucks (Post 2575613)
okay great, I wasn't 100 percent sure. I have been talking with delicious and I was just trying to see if i could save a few bucks. I am switching from OFT to ecutek this year.

Why switch? To my knowledge the only benefits to ecutek is map switching and flex fuel. OFT is working on flex fuel and map switching isn't very useful

Ashikabi 03-10-2016 09:22 AM

Double post

go_a_way1 03-10-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikabi (Post 2575627)
Why switch? To my knowledge the only benefits to ecutek is map switching and flex fuel. OFT is working on flex fuel and map switching isn't very useful

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikabi (Post 2575626)
Why switch? To my knowledge the only benefits to ecutek is map switching and flex fuel. OFT is working on flex fuel and map switching isn't very useful

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikabi (Post 2575638)
Double post

lolz

Can you get all the racerom features with OFT like flat foot shifting, launch control, rev matching ect? Also map switching on the fly is an amazing feature to have, especially if you have an electronic boost controller and want 4 boost settings lol

Ashikabi 03-10-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2575659)
lolz

Can you get all the racerom features with OFT like flat foot shifting, launch control, rev matching ect? Also map switching on the fly is an amazing feature to have, especially if you have an electronic boost controller and want 4 boost settings lol

I think you can get all the racerom features with OFT. I don't have boost so I never considered that. I just got it for the immobilizer map

go_a_way1 03-10-2016 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashikabi (Post 2575669)
I think you can get all the racerom features with OFT. I don't have boost so I never considered that. I just got it for the immobilizer map

To be honest I don't know too much about OFT. You guys are all spoiled cuz you have choices now, back when I was tuning my car ECUTEK was the only option lol!! At least now I am well educated with ECUTEK and how to use it so I can share my knowledge

jasonojordan 03-10-2016 10:00 AM

Ecutek was a good chunk of money but the tech support was good on it. Me being a idiot didnt check my voltage on the battery when I took it out of storage and went to flash it last year. During the initialization for the flash the battery went dead. Lucky for me it did that before the actual flashing process started or I would have been a sad panda. I should of known better from all my years of tuning the wrx with ecu-flash and romraider but I always had driven the wrx and not parked it for 4-6months at a time. to sum up the story the ecu didnt take the license but it showed the license was still used and had to have ecutek issue me a new one.

nickmerronesucks 03-10-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go_a_way1 (Post 2575659)
lolz

Can you get all the racerom features with OFT like flat foot shifting, launch control, rev matching ect? Also map switching on the fly is an amazing feature to have, especially if you have an electronic boost controller and want 4 boost settings lol

This lol I just want it. All in all it seems better aside from not being able to monitor everything constantly.

go_a_way1 03-10-2016 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickmerronesucks (Post 2576204)
This lol I just want it. All in all it seems better aside from not being able to monitor everything constantly.

you can always drive around with your laptop open. I have done that before lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.