Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dream place to live. What is that for you? (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142688)

Jacky Smith 10-07-2020 05:15 PM

Dream place to live. What is that for you?

Hello everyone! :)
I haven't found a similar thread on the forum thus decided to make a new one. Just wonder what is your dream place to live there on a permanent basis? Say, you have got all the money in the world and you can choose any state, any place, anything to move there. What would you pick?

Jacky Smith 10-07-2020 05:19 PM

I will start http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/i...es/biggrin.png
I would choose either Spain or Italy. I am more inclined to choose Spain. Great country in terms of education, real estate market, food quality etc. And I am a fan of Valencia as well but I don't want to live in a big city. I prefer some small resorts by the sea like Costa Calida, the approximately 250 km stretch of Mediterannean coastline of the Spanish province of Murcia. Something like that https://virtoproperty.com/property-f...e/costa-calidahttps://esprod.blob.core.windows.net...41f07/ad2d.jpg

DarkPira7e 10-07-2020 05:26 PM

The deepest forest in Maine in the United States, at least 15 miles from civilization from any angle, with 1 road in/out. I can deal with spiders, mosquitos, bears, wolves, moose. I can't deal with people anymore!

I'd love to be able to have my main house all set, but hand build a barn for car storage/work. It'll have a huge loft with skylights for a clay throwing / painting studio... Oh, and making my own snowmobile trail circuit

NoHaveMSG 10-07-2020 05:27 PM

California, duh :bonk:

Spuds 10-07-2020 05:45 PM

USA, somewhere in the northeastern mountains between central Pennsylvania and New Hampshire.

Or here...
https://www.tripsavvy.com/thmb/xj2Q2...0001d442b1.jpg

TylerLieberman 10-07-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3373896)

Lol

Spuds 10-07-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerLieberman (Post 3373908)
Lol

"All the money in the world" may not be able to buy happiness, but it certainly solves a lot of problems. Even California.

DarkPira7e 10-07-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3373896)

This is totally me being honest - do people actually like California? I imagine the weather is nice, but there is nice weather in a lot of places.

California to me seems like the absolute last place besides New York City that I could live. Of course, that's just my opinion, but what do people like in California? Again, I'm being serious, I have no idea. Not judging anyone

NoHaveMSG 10-07-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkPira7e (Post 3373912)
This is totally me being honest - do people actually like California? I imagine the weather is nice, but there is nice weather in a lot of places.

California to me seems like the absolute last place besides New York City that I could live. Of course, that's just my opinion, but what do people like in California? Again, I'm being serious, I have no idea. Not judging anyone

I’m not a big city person but otherwise I have no problem with it. I like NorCal more then SoCal.

Spuds 10-07-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

There are massive parts of the state that are actually pretty remote, and it has a variety of different geographic regions. Granted, a lot of the more forested places are likely to burn down once in a while or be susceptible to earthquakes. One thing about CA weather is it's nice every single day.

Tcoat 10-07-2020 06:22 PM

Right where I live this very moment.
But with a garage.
I would really like a garage.

DarkPira7e 10-07-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spuds (Post 3373918)
There are massive parts of the state that are actually pretty remote, and it has a variety of different geographic regions. Granted, a lot of the more forested places are likely to burn down once in a while or be susceptible to earthquakes. One thing about CA weather is it's nice every single day.

Doesn't sun every single day get boring? I need some snowstorms and temperature variance

Tcoat 10-07-2020 06:27 PM

Quote:

I liked my visits there. What people think of as "California" is more the product of movies and TV I think. Much of what I visited and drove through is not much different than here or any other largeish city, small town or rural area I have visited. Hide the palm trees and drop somebody most of the sate and they probably couldn't tell you if they were in the PNW, Main or The south.
Even the people are about the same. Go to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver (BC) and you will probably find that the people are no better than LA or the other locations people like to critique so much.

DarkPira7e 10-07-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 3373931)
I liked my visits there. What people think of as "California" is more the product of movies and TV I think. Much of what I visited and drove through is not much different than here or any other largeish city, small town or rural area I have visited. Hide the palm trees and drop somebody most of the sate and they probably couldn't tell you if they were in the PNW, Main or The south.
Even the people are about the same. Go to Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver (BC) and you will probably find that the people are no better than LA or the other locations people like to critique so much.

Yeah I've never been so I can't really say, I guess. I've spent a few weeks in Arizona and Alabama; long enough for me to know that I'd miss snow for part of the year