Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   calling ya local dealer (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2407)

sirus 12-06-2011 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PuGZoR (Post 91818)
There's absolutely no reason why Toyota can't offer 3.9% finance. Look at Mitsubishi, they're offering 1.9% on Lancer at the moment and they don't move anywhere near the number of units that Toyota do for any model. Nissan are doing 4.9% which isn't as good, but still very low compared to local rates on loans from 20-100k.

I don't know what it is now, but a few years ago when I was looking into it, the BOJ interest rate was usually between 0 and 1%. Toyota AU obviously have access to it in some way and offer it as a bit of a sweetener for units they want to shift. I'm sure you could get access to it if it meant dragging you over the line for a sale. The thing with Japanese loans is that usually you need a fairly substantial deposit, around the 25% mark as a minimum even for house loans, if I remember correctly.

Yes but remember Japan is still technically in recession. We are not. Even if we get 3.9% we will get slugged somewhere else... But I don't think Toyota will offer us such a good deal :-( At the moment I think anything below 8.5% is good!

Calais 12-06-2011 07:33 AM

spoke to another dealer today(i just drop in to random dealerships as im all over syd all day) and he said they have no official info from toyota aus yet all they know is its coming, they have no clue on prices(THINK in the 30's maybe 40's), spec anything other than rough arrival date AND they are taking deposits, i was like fuck that im waiting for more concrete specs before i lay any money down

Nostalgia1987 12-06-2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirus (Post 91825)
Yes but remember Japan is still technically in recession. We are not. Even if we get 3.9% we will get slugged somewhere else... But I don't think Toyota will offer us such a good deal :-( At the moment I think anything below 8.5% is good!

3.9% financing would be really good, but unlikely for the 86 since the vehicle is in such high demand and is a new model. 8.5% around there, maybe lower more possible. Should be good for first time potential new car owners, and people wishing the get a headstart in a good credit history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calais (Post 91833)
spoke to another dealer today(i just drop in to random dealerships as im all over syd all day) and he said they have no official info from toyota aus yet all they know is its coming, they have no clue on prices(THINK in the 30's maybe 40's), spec anything other than rough arrival date AND they are taking deposits, i was like fuck that im waiting for more concrete specs before i lay any money down

The pricing is possibly going to be the same as the Honda Civic TypeR hatch at 39k. But a low 30 or on 30 is possible with Australia's current exchange rate, look at the prices the US are going to be offering the Subaru BRZ for [24k], and their currency next to the same as the AUD. Surely that 10-15k increase in price isnt down to all tarrifs and shipping of the car.

Looking forward to see some real pricing figures in the next few months

Smacca 12-07-2011 01:46 AM

I was surprised to get a phone call yesterday from Toyota Aus head office after sending them an online (website) enquiry about the 86 - talk about good customer service. The spokesman was very helpful, but couldn't give any more specific details we don't already know on this forum. He too mentioned a "June/July launch" and price "starting with a 3...". He confirmed dealers were already taking deposits and suggested the best way to stay in touch was to follow the media reports ("leaks") and register interest with my local dealer.

So today I dropped in to Stewart Toyota, Sutherland (Sydney) and what a waste of time that was! The salesman didn't have a clew about the 86 and he didn't want to know anything about it or my possible deposit. He didn't even want to record my details to contact me in the future (Is it not there job to sell cars? :iono:).

I'll try Sydney City Toyota tomorrow...

Nardi330 12-07-2011 02:13 AM

the salesman is probably jumping to another dealership or brand soon and couldn't careless about something so far down the track......

JFC 12-07-2011 03:36 AM

Bugger i hope he was atleast nice about it all.

Smacca 12-07-2011 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 92582)
the salesman is probably jumping to another dealership or brand soon and couldn't careless about something so far down the track......

Yes I thought that could explain the lack of interest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFC (Post 92617)
Bugger i hope he was atleast nice about it all.

He was polite and friendly, but just gave me plenty of blank stares. I think I need to find the young over-keen car enthusiast type of salesman for the best chance of getting some info and understanding.

Calais 12-07-2011 06:00 AM

i was in stewart toyota too missus was looking at a yaris no1 there had a clue about the 86 all they knew is what they saw at the motor show they thought it had a 2.5l turbo motor in it. but yea go to sydney city they wont know much more(pretty much nothing) but they at least will be willing to take your money for a deposit lol

JDM-20L 12-07-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smacca (Post 92572)
So today I dropped in to Stewart Toyota, Sutherland (Sydney) and what a waste of time that was! The salesman didn't have a clew about the 86 and he didn't want to know anything about it or my possible deposit. He didn't even want to record my details to contact me in the future (Is it not there job to sell cars? :iono:).

I'll try Sydney City Toyota tomorrow...

For the love of god avoid Stewart Toyota at any costs.... I tried a couple of times to support them as a local business and they are just shit! From start to finish, Don't get me started!

I have my pre-order with Sydney City, Ask for Gary Ng he will be more than willing and able to take care of you. Nice dude! He can't tell you anymore than you already know however.... He will crunch numbers with you and the deal I have is if I am not satisfied with final costing I can get 100% refund on my deposit!

We also now get our work vehicles serviced at Sydney City and couldn't be happier... Anytime I had a problem with Stewarts they'd just palm it off and try to convince you there's not a problem with your car.

Even for Lexus we now buy them off Rushcutters bay (They're a Sydney City branch) Lexus of Sutherland crewed me in the past too (owned by stewart automotive, coincidence? no)

Hope that helps you

Cheers mate.

tega 12-07-2011 02:14 PM

How much cash are people laying down for a deposit?

Has anyone tried Toyota in kingswood?

Nostalgia1987 12-07-2011 04:20 PM

A couple of Aus forum members have put down a deposit. Its on this thread here. I think Sirus a Perth member put down a deposit not so long ago.

A question out there for WA folk. What Toyota dealerships in the Perth metro area are trustworthy from previous experiences and that you highly recommend?

cheers.

Smacca 12-07-2011 06:17 PM

Thanks for your feedback guys. It seems Sydney City Toyota is definitely the way to go. Now I just have to cancel my VW Polo GTI order first before I sign up for an 86.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tega (Post 92931)
How much cash are people laying down for a deposit?

I imagine $500 or $1000 is a reasonable deposit amount. I'm prepared to pay that providing there is a price/spec dissatisfaction 100% refund clause.

Nardi330 12-08-2011 12:11 AM

any Brisbane has pre-ordered?

i wasn't planning to but my friend has just recently bought a Kruger (@3.9% yay) and the sales he deals with was good. so i am thinking to go to have a chat with him.

Slide 12-08-2011 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nardi330 (Post 93371)
any Brisbane has pre-ordered?

i wasn't planning to but my friend has just recently bought a Kruger (@3.9% yay) and the sales he deals with was good. so i am thinking to go to have a chat with him.

Haven't done it yet.

Let us know who ya talk to keen to do it if the sales guys know what they are talking about.

Make sure you get in writing that this is fully refundable depending on price and advisability and date.