Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Installed 10 Series Headlights Today (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50025)

Calavera 10-26-2013 07:36 PM

Installed 10 Series Headlights Today

8 Attachment(s)
So I ordered some 10 series headlights 10 weeks ago and they finally came in. Was hoping the order did not go through cause they are expensive!! :confused0068: So this morning I tackle the project and I'm pretty happy with the results. Putting the bumper back on by myself was a biatchhhh!! :mad0259:

While searching for an easy way to wire them without re-pinning/splicing I found FT86Club member DeOppressorLiber offering plug & play harnesses for the lights. I decided to get the harnesses just to make the install easier for me. Keyword "ME", i'm sure a lot of member will say that re-pinning is very easy to do. I prefer not to deal with it for two reasons; one I'm very impatient and chances that I would break something out of desperation are high, two I'm selling the FRS once something with more power and more accessory options comes out and I will be taking the lights off and putting the stocks back on. So my experience with DeOppressorLiber is as follow:
  • Communication was more than excellent. Email replies were quick and informative. He offered photos, videos, video chat assistance, phone assistance. This guy was great when it came to communicating!
  • Shipping was excellent. Harnesses were shipped the same day and arrived on time. Shipping cost was not exaggerated either, pretty much at cost of shipping.
  • Craftsmanship of the harnesses is excellent and true plug & play. Connectors fit just one way even though with a hammer you can make anything fit. :bonk:
Overall I'm extremely pleased with my purchase from DeOppressorLiber and I highly recommended his harnesses or anything else he is offering

GT86meMR2 10-26-2013 07:47 PM

Really makes the car's front look way nicer :)

914_WHITE_FRS 10-26-2013 11:41 PM

how much you pay for the 10 series headlights and where u buy it at?

Calavera 10-27-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 914_WHITE_FRS (Post 1295775)
how much you pay for the 10 series headlights and where u buy it at?

Local dealership for about $1,900....guy that sold me the harnesses has some for $1,700 and it includes the harnesses I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

JDMenrique 10-27-2013 12:06 AM

Don't get me wrong, they look amazing... I just cant see myself forking out 2 grand from them.

andrew 10-27-2013 12:16 AM

Been waiting for a post like this. They came out nice and compliment the daytime running LED's very well. This is something I really want to do.

Calavera 10-27-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMenrique (Post 1295807)
Don't get me wrong, they look amazing... I just cant see myself forking out 2 grand from them.

No doubt, I spent so much money on this car with extra add ons that's not even funny. Lights were more of an impulse but life's greatest stories usually start with the words, "fuck it!". Lol

SliverBrz 10-27-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calavera (Post 1295841)
No doubt, I spent so much money on this car with extra add ons that's not even funny. Lights were more of an impulse but life's greatest stories usually start with the words, "fuck it!". Lol

Money is money, it can be remade.

If these make this guy happy so be it.

You live once, not twice.

Looks dope !

JDMenrique 10-27-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calavera (Post 1295841)
but life's greatest stories usually start with the words, "fuck it!". Lol

quoted for the truth!

soundman98 10-27-2013 01:14 AM

does anyone have an idea how much a set of brz headlights are? it wouldn't surprise me if they were on-par with these..

GT86meMR2 10-27-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 1295901)
does anyone have an idea how much a set of brz headlights are? it wouldn't surprise me if they were on-par with these..

They should be cheaper because they are more simple.. and all new car's that have LED DRL headlights have expensive headlights there's a reason the FR-S is so much cheaper than a GT86.

DeOppressorLiber 10-27-2013 01:02 PM

It looks great. Im glad that I could take half the pressure off of you with those new harnesses. People think you can just make them for nothing with nothing. The crimpers to make the proper crimps on those wires can cost as much as one of the headlights. When I ordered the GT86 lights and the 10Series to see for myself if their was a difference in them. I didn't see myself making a Plug and Play harness for both lights. It just made to much sense to make it for the exact reasons you got them. I also learned some from you also. Your switched LED's aren't on the resistor. Now I have to go and figure out how and where those are tied in to the system. I hate the phrase "I told You" but I did tell you that it would be sick wired this way and it does!

yuicebox 10-27-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

brz headlights won't fit an FRS anyways. you would need a new front bumper and maybe a new hood to make them fit.

AVodka14 10-27-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

They are right around $1300.00 on buysubarupartsnow.com. I have had my eye on them for a long time and that is the cheapest I can find thus far.