Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Aftermarket Intake + Bog Issues - Read Here (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15651)

empower-auto 11-13-2012 10:52 AM

I don't think any of these intakes have provided any gains that justify their existence anyways.

Silicon pipe + drop in filter and you're golden as far as this car goes. I'm sure we'll see something worthwhile come out in the near future .. perhaps SRT's system .. but until then save your pennies kids.. there are much better parts available that aren't a total wash.

Mike86 11-14-2012 07:57 AM

Heres how I managed to fix my bogging issues with injen intake!
I couldnt even accelerate past 15-20% throttle major bogging through almost all my rpms i tried all sorts of ecu resets and all the above nothing worked for me! I opened up the tube there were small bumps from the welds that had gone through near the map i grinded them down and polised them reinstalled and running smoothly now theough all rpms uner any load!! Done 100 miles so far and not one bog or loss of power!! Might wanna try this if injen intake is causing you problems!

zoomzoomers 11-14-2012 12:16 PM

Didn't someone post a long while back about the stock intake having some sort of grits/grills/slots/etc. To break up or disrupt the air flow and that the aftermarket intakes don't? Could this be causing some peoples issues? Because some of what's going on don't make any sense. It does seem that thus car's MAF is really finicky and even the smallest things can foul things up. Just like the poster above ^.

Sorry, I would try searching for that thread, but I'm in a hotel room on my phone.

chrisbfrs 08-10-2013 06:38 PM

I've installed many different intakes on my FRS. Some aftermarket and some custom ones that I made. Right now I am currently running the Airaid and have not seen any problems. I have only had one intake give me idle dips and stall motor, and that was an Injen one off I purchased on ebay. The Injen one off, or the ''Chinjen'' as I like to call it actually worked really well at first and then after 20 miles i started getting idle dips. I then installed it on a friends FRS and he drove with it for about a month no problems at all, until today he said he is having the idle issues. I have an extra honey comb air straightener that I bought for an intake I was going to build but never used it. I will put the air straightener in the Chinjen Intake and see if it fixes the idle dips.

Nightbringer 08-10-2013 07:03 PM

So many threads getting re-upped from last year lol

chrisbfrs 08-10-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightbringer (Post 1132611)
So many threads getting re-upped from last year lol

I just now replied because the idle dips just now happened on my friends car.

Modern Ink Tattoo

Nightbringer 08-10-2013 07:35 PM

Definitely let us know if the straightener helps. I still find it odd this happened in the first place with so many intakes. Just made the assumption hard-piping would be an improvement in flow turbulence over the stock accordion pipe.