Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Another review of the 86 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114757)

ARTBRZ 01-21-2017 11:30 AM

Another review of the 86

I thought I'd share this video review. This guys is tells it as it is with all his reviews.

https://youtu.be/9-Y9v3KFVLM

Tcoat 01-21-2017 12:03 PM

No. Like all reviews he tells it as he sees it. That does not make it "as it is" unless you happen to agree with his point of view. I agree with some of what he says but I prejudged him just by the smug way he talks and looks and now can't get past that. The brain is funny that way.

The Kia Soul "will mop the floor with it"?

2017 Kia Soul Turbo: 0-60 mph 7.5 | Quarter mile 15.7
2017 86: 0-60 mph 6.2 | Quarter mile 14.8

The dude is the poster child for the "needs more power or is useless" camp.

KalbiCool88 01-21-2017 12:18 PM

Isn't this the same guy that supercharged his car, then dumped it because he couldn't take it anymore due to the many Intricacies of the vehicle?

ARTBRZ 01-21-2017 12:35 PM

I don't agree on somethings that he says and he's arrogant at times but that's what like about this guy. When I mentioned he tells it as it is, what I meant was he gives more information about the negatives of the car so that the consumer is better informed before buying. He differs from other critics in my opinion because he's more open and tells the negative aspect of the car rather than being light footed so they don't get black listed from journalist events.

daiheadjai 01-21-2017 12:36 PM

A lot of his criticisms are subjective, but his beefs with the underbody rusting out like crazy, or the stuff they don't tell you about modding the car for power (it isn't as easy as you think, and there's a lot more to it than just slapping on the supercharger) were good comments.

But the way he delivers the message is for entertainment.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

MarkR171 01-21-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoat (Post 2836416)
No. Like all reviews he tells it as he sees it.

This dude isn't very good with no personality and full of awkward unfunny jokes. I don't know how he got so popular.

Cole 01-21-2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiheadjai (Post 2836438)
A lot of his criticisms are subjective, but his beefs with the underbody rusting out like crazy, or the stuff they don't tell you about modding the car for power (it isn't as easy as you think, and there's a lot more to it than just slapping on the supercharger) were good comments.

The underbody on mine hasn't rusted like crazy, halfway through its third winter and the only things rusting are bolts.

Of fucking course you can't just put a supercharger on and have it work. there's a ton of things you need to consider and be prepared for before boost and from what I see, he wasn't prepared to deal with little issues.

Tcoat 01-21-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARTBRZ (Post 2836437)
I don't agree on somethings that he says and he's arrogant at times but that's what like about this guy. When I mentioned he tells it as it is, what I meant was he gives more information about the negatives of the car so that the consumer is better informed before buying. He differs from other critics in my opinion because he's more open and tells the negative aspect of the car rather than being light footed so they don't get black listed from journalist events.

Again. He gives what HE thinks are negatives that does not mean that they are only that HE doesn't like them. The consumer is only better informed on his perspective.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiheadjai (Post 2836438)

The underbodies don't "rust like crazy" he says he "thinks" they will. It is total bullshit so far and this is how miss information gets spread. People don't hear the "I think" part just the "these rust like crazy".

I do not find any of it "entertainment" I just want to punch him in the mouth every time he opens it. Not for what he says but just because he rubs me the wrong way. I even pulled an Ashi and sat here yelling at him on my monitor he pisses me off so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cole (Post 2836446)
The underbody on mine hasn't rusted like crazy, halfway through its third winter and the only things rusting are bolts.

Of fucking course you can't just put a supercharger on and have it work. there's a ton of things you need to consider and be prepared for before boost and from what I see, he wasn't prepared to deal with little issues.

Mine neither. The only rust I have is untreated bolts and that would apply to any car made! And the Lava gets dirty in the winter and needs to be washed all the time so "it is what it is"? Fucking REALLY? No shit. I should have bought a dirt repelling colour? The guy is a douche.

new2subaru 01-21-2017 01:05 PM

He sounds whinny and I can't listen to his reviews anymore...

ETA: Any dark car would look like shit covered in salt lol

why? 01-21-2017 01:13 PM

I kept a running commentary because I knew 2 seconds in this was going to be a total joke and that guy is everything wrong with these types of videos. I was right.

Holy crap this is one of those losers who thinks production quality is more important than content.
Seriously douche poseur in every possible way.
5 minutes in and he is still whining like a loser. Holy crap does he know how to drive?
I want to set doucheboy on fire. Only way to make him entertaining.
bla bla bla, production quality of video, whine cry bitch moan.
Did he actually write a script or is this totally bullshitted?
Poster child for everything wrong with youtube videos.
seriously it would take 5 minutes on google to know the auto didn't meet noise levels with the changes. Not that hard to figure out.
I don't need 5 camera angles to see you can't drive.
whining about the noise. Seriously?
he really can't drive.
I'm stunned he complimented the auto trans. He's right but it is shocking.
"I've already given the conclusion 600 times." What an asshole.
Holy crap, what a total loser. "Toyota doesn't build a 4 cylinder engine."
What? What the hell are you smoking? Again, 5 minutes of research and this douche nozzle would know exactly why Toyota wanted to use a boxer 4. Did this loser do any research at all?
Oh yea let's compare a $25k car to cars twice as expensive. Seriously what a fool. Even the S2k would be $41k in today's market.
Yup, a power loser snob. Totally misses the point, even as he says it is amazing to drive.

I feel really awful that I might have given this person money by watching the video. I'd so rather watch Doug DeMuro, Everyday Driver, or people who have actual functioning brains that aren't trying to be poseurs as hard as possible like this loser is. I literally cannot say enough negative things about this person. He is everything that is wrong with our society.

daiheadjai 01-21-2017 01:26 PM

I have to say though, when I had to change out my exhaust, I was very surprised with how much surface rust was on it. It could be that the piping for the axle back portion is untreated. Of course, the Ontario winter salt probably didn't help. My mechanic was just as surprised when I brought it to him to mount my winter tires the first winter.
Any part of the underbody which was painted, was completely fine though.
That being said, maybe it's just how all cars are now.

DJCarbine 01-21-2017 01:41 PM

I loaned him the tool to do the DI injector seals, he seemed fine in person.

I do not agree with his views on the supercharger install, way too dramatic for my tastes. Haven't seen the video in a while, but I remember going "how the hell are you guys having these problems....."

Cole 01-21-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by why? (Post 2836456)
I kept a running commentary because I knew 2 seconds in this was going to be a total joke and that guy is everything wrong with these types of videos. I was right.

Holy crap this is one of those losers who thinks production quality is more important than content.
Seriously douche poseur in every possible way.
5 minutes in and he is still whining like a loser. Holy crap does he know how to drive?
I want to set doucheboy on fire. Only way to make him entertaining.
bla bla bla, production quality of video, whine cry bitch moan.
Did he actually write a script or is this totally bullshitted?
Poster child for everything wrong with youtube videos.
seriously it would take 5 minutes on google to know the auto didn't meet noise levels with the changes. Not that hard to figure out.
I don't need 5 camera angles to see you can't drive.
whining about the noise. Seriously?
he really can't drive.
I'm stunned he complimented the auto trans. He's right but it is shocking.
"I've already given the conclusion 600 times." What an asshole.
Holy crap, what a total loser. "Toyota doesn't build a 4 cylinder engine."
What? What the hell are you smoking? Again, 5 minutes of research and this douche nozzle would know exactly why Toyota wanted to use a boxer 4. Did this loser do any research at all?
Oh yea let's compare a $25k car to cars twice as expensive. Seriously what a fool. Even the S2k would be $41k in today's market.
Yup, a power loser snob. Totally misses the point, even as he says it is amazing to drive.

I feel really awful that I might have given this person money by watching the video. I'd so rather watch Doug DeMuro, Everyday Driver, or people who have actual functioning brains that aren't trying to be poseurs as hard as possible like this loser is. I literally cannot say enough negative things about this person. He is everything that is wrong with our society.

Personally I enjoy Demuro's videos. Love how he goes through quirks of the vehicles he drives.

Tcoat 01-21-2017 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daiheadjai (Post 2836462)
I have to say though, when I had to change out my exhaust, I was very surprised with how much surface rust was on it. It could be that the piping for the axle back portion is untreated. Of course, the Ontario winter salt probably didn't help. My mechanic was just as surprised when I brought it to him to mount my winter tires the first winter.
Any part of the underbody which was painted, was completely fine though.
That being said, maybe it's just how all cars are now.

Dude. It is an exhaust. They rust. They always have this is not new. I had 80s cars where the pipes were rusted through and falling off in only 5 years so even ours are a wonder product in my eyes. They rust the same on every car unless you spend the mega bucks for full stainless or some of the high end alloys.
Heat + moisture = RUST.