Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   STX setup sharing thread (2021) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143763)

ka-t_240 01-14-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nk3y (Post 3399486)
What @strat61caster said. No external sensors.

In addition, even if you had a tune for 93 but also had E85 on one of your maps. Even though you weren't running said map you'd still be in non-compliance.

Wait, owning a E85 map = non compliance?

Isn't that like saying if I have set of a7s on my trailer, I can get dq'd from stx? Or if we bring the 2 car trailer and the other car is on e85, my car can get dq'd?

Brock H. 01-14-2021 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-t_240 (Post 3399821)

Isn't that like saying if I have set of a7s on my trailer, I can get dq'd from stx? Or if we bring the 2 car trailer and the other car is on e85, my car can get dq'd?

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but it's a rule due to how "easy" the sensor or Map Change can be taken advantage of. Of course, this ignores the fact that your fuel can be tested for octane and ethanol content at anytime per 3.6.A and the fact that any experienced corner worker should be able to smell the corn fuel as the car passes by.

Only you know the maps to your car. If you don't want to make an issue out of it, just don't really discuss it.

strat61caster 01-14-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-t_240 (Post 3399821)

The way I read 14.10.F I disagree with monkey, the ecu tuning is unrestricted, you can have whatever maps you want on the ecu.

It's a non issue imho because
A. Scca can't police ecu maps effectively
B. Just test the fuel to prove you're on e10 pump gas

BernieK 01-14-2021 09:56 PM

I’ve been running in SSC for the past three seasons and am switching to STX. I’ve been trying to understand if I can keep my SSC spec lower control arm and adjustable toe arm. Can anybody confirm if they are STX class legal or not? If not, does anybody really care or win a protest? Seems like there is no performance benefit from those parts and they just makes life easier. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

strat61caster 01-15-2021 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieK (Post 3399891)
I’ve been running in SSC for the past three seasons and am switching to STX. I’ve been trying to understand if I can keep my SSC spec lower control arm and adjustable toe arm. Can anybody confirm if they are STX class legal or not? If not, does anybody really care or win a protest? Seems like there is no performance benefit from those parts and they just makes life easier. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

No, they are not.

Swap the toe arm back to factory, a year or two ago a letter was written and it was clarified in a fastrack that you are only allowed to modify one arm of a multi-link suspension. No issue here, the factory 'toe' arm has plenty of adjustment for STX, see if you can sell the SPC to someone.
(and fwiw there is a percentage increase in metal content by my math so they're not legal by that definition either)

The SPC LCA uses a spherical bushing which isn't legal, you can however buy a delrin bushing from diftech (or someone else probably) and press that in place of the spherical for a low cost mod to make that arm legal. It's a good piece for STX, could spend more on a threaded adjustment LCA from someone else, but not many make one with an STX legal bushing.

Breadman 01-15-2021 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 3399930)
No, they are not.

Swap the toe arm back to factory, a year or two ago a letter was written and it was clarified in a fastrack that you are only allowed to modify one arm of a multi-link suspension. No issue here, the factory 'toe' arm has plenty of adjustment for STX, see if you can sell the SPC to someone.
(and fwiw there is a percentage increase in metal content by my math so they're not legal by that definition either)

The SPC LCA uses a spherical bushing which isn't legal, you can however buy a delrin bushing from diftech (or someone else probably) and press that in place of the spherical for a low cost mod to make that arm legal. It's a good piece for STX, could spend more on a threaded adjustment LCA from someone else, but not many make one with an STX legal bushing.

spl is the one with the spherical bushing. spc has a normal one but its mostly metal and apparently too much metal. im glad i dont go to nationals lol

ka-t_240 01-15-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breadman (Post 3399950)
spl is the one with the spherical bushing. spc has a normal one but its mostly metal and apparently too much metal. im glad i dont go to nationals lol

The SPC does have a spherical bushing on the inside mount, it is just surrounded by rubber.

ka-t_240 01-15-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 3399842)
The way I read 14.10.F I disagree with monkey, the ecu tuning is unrestricted, you can have whatever maps you want on the ecu.

It's a non issue imho because
A. Scca can't police ecu maps effectively
B. Just test the fuel to prove you're on e10 pump gas

Plus - most tunes are locked and nobody other than a pretty save tuner is going to be able to look at a map and and be like "yup, this is for fuel X"

BernieK 01-15-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strat61caster (Post 3399930)
No, they are not.

Thanks for this! I can appreciate the frustrations I’ve been seeing in the forum.

Breadman 01-15-2021 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-t_240 (Post 3399956)
The SPC does have a spherical bushing on the inside mount, it is just surrounded by rubber.

were talking the rear lca correct?

ka-t_240 01-15-2021 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breadman (Post 3400080)
were talking the rear lca correct?

Yes - These:

smg1138 01-16-2021 01:17 AM

The Whiteline LCA is still legal, right? Not the early fancy version, but the simple stamped steel gray one? As I recall it's exactly the same as the SPC but the bushing is STX legal. Sometimes SCCA rules seriously wanna me me go full Ken Miles on some mofos trunk lol

BarryOtt 01-16-2021 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by smg1138 (Post 3400101)
The Whiteline LCA is still legal, right? Not the early fancy version, but the simple stamped steel gray one? As I recall it's exactly the same as the SPC but the bushing is STX legal.....

Yes, the Whiteline rlca is STX legal. It literally is an "SPC" lca, "SPC" is stamped on them, and the bushings are simple steel bushings in poly.

steverife 01-18-2021 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieK (Post 3399891)

Getting the sphericals out of the SPC arms was a little tough and required a press. Adding the DIFtech bushings was pretty easy. I was able to use a vise.

I wouldn't necessarily protest someone over this, but it would definitely bother me if I knew that someone didn't swap the bushings.