Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2017 brz premium key (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120222)

subarubrzz 07-11-2017 01:08 AM

2017 brz premium key

kind of a weird question, but I was wondering how the key looks like in the premium brz. Also is it the same for the limited brz? Thank you

spike021 07-11-2017 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subarubrzz (Post 2943823)
kind of a weird question, but I was wondering how the key looks like in the premium brz. Also is it the same for the limited brz? Thank you

The limited is keyless entry, so the only metal key for the limited is the valet and it pops out of the remote. So probably not the same as the premium.

Veloist 07-11-2017 03:05 AM

BRZ Premium '13-'17
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...988e742610.jpg

BRZ Limited '13-'14
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b8ac84671d.jpg

BRZ Limited '15-'17
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5b9f3da5f7.jpg

Nakioki 07-12-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike021 (Post 2943843)
The limited is keyless entry, so the only metal key for the limited is the valet and it pops out of the remote. So probably not the same as the premium.

wait... so, which do we give the valet? The small key that pops out or the fob that has the buttons to unlock and what not?

I only valet once ... and i gave them the fob lol.

Veloist 07-12-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakioki (Post 2944729)
wait... so, which do we give the valet? The small key that pops out or the fob that has the buttons to unlock and what not?

You have to give the fob to the valet. You can't start the car with the metal key. The purpose of the metal key is to enter the car if either the fob or car battery is dead.

It is also convenient for detaching it if it's attached to keychains.

fika84 07-12-2017 03:50 PM

Quote:

Go start your car with the small key that pops out and let us know how that goes.

iamjacob 07-12-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

The metal key is also how to lock out the trunk from the valet. If you press the trunk lock out button in the trunk then the only way to open the trunk is using the metal key.

If you valet the car and want to protect any valuables follow these steps...

1. Put items in the trunk
2. Press the lock out button
3. Close the trunk
4. Remove the metal key from the key fob
5. Give fob to valet.

The valet will not be able to get into the trunk and your valuables "should" be safe.

Imrac 07-12-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjacob (Post 2944941)
The metal key is also how to lock out the trunk from the valet. If you press the trunk lock out button in the trunk then the only way to open the trunk is using the metal key.

If you valet the car and want to protect any valuables follow these steps...

1. Put items in the trunk
2. Press the lock out button
3. Close the trunk
4. Remove the metal key from the key fob
5. Give fob to valet.

The valet will not be able to get into the trunk and your valuables "should" be safe.

You also must lock the rear seats, or else they could just pull the seats down and get into the trunk.

Edit: disregard, I believe I am remembering a different car.

krayzie 07-12-2017 11:35 PM

Also with the limited if you have the alarm enabled, once armed do not open the door or trunk with the metal key otherwise it will trigger the alarm to go off.

TheRoops 07-13-2017 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krayzie (Post 2945049)
Also with the limited if you have the alarm enabled, once armed do not open the door or trunk with the metal key otherwise it will trigger the alarm to go off.

Do all limiteds have alarms?

krayzie 07-13-2017 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRoops (Post 2945108)
Do all limiteds have alarms?

Yes.

iamjacob 07-13-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imrac (Post 2945003)
You also must lock the rear seats, or else they could just pull the seats down and get into the trunk.

Can you tell me more about this? I've never been able to pull the seats down from inside. Is there a lock/unlock button somewhere?

Imrac 07-13-2017 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamjacob (Post 2945219)
Can you tell me more about this? I've never been able to pull the seats down from inside. Is there a lock/unlock button somewhere?

You know what... I maybe mistaken. I think I am remembering my Subaru Legacy that had locks on the back seat (Up near the rear deck) to secure the trunk.

I am not near my car right now, so I cannot confirm, but looking online at photos, I don't think there is a way to lock the back seats.

I do remember in the past grabbing the pull cords by shoving my hand between the seat and the car body. It would be a lame design if there was no lock and you can easily grab the pull cords if you knew about them.

Although if they are already inside your car, I guess there would be a bigger worry.

When I get home I will let you know.

TheRoops 07-14-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imrac (Post 2945397)
You know what... I maybe mistaken. I think I am remembering my Subaru Legacy that had locks on the back seat (Up near the rear deck) to secure the trunk.

I am not near my car right now, so I cannot confirm, but looking online at photos, I don't think there is a way to lock the back seats.

I do remember in the past grabbing the pull cords by shoving my hand between the seat and the car body. It would be a lame design if there was no lock and you can easily grab the pull cords if you knew about them.

Although if they are already inside your car, I guess there would be a bigger worry.

When I get home I will let you know.

It has the straps definitely, but mine came with the JDM Password rear panel, so I think my seat buttons are disabled. I can kind of press them but they don't do anything.