Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine, Exhaust, Transmission (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Greddy EVO GT vs Invidia N1 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112765)

RB-BRZ 11-09-2016 05:06 AM

Greddy EVO GT vs Invidia N1

Hi Guys,
I'm looking to buy a loud, deep toned exhaust. I've narrowed my searches down to the Greddy EVO GT and the Invidia N1. I know sound is very subjective but I would like to know which exhaust will be louder (my bets are on the N1) and which exhaust will produce a deeper tone?

Thanks

tyler_win_photo 11-09-2016 06:00 AM

From the looks of the canisters/mufflers I'll put my bet on the N1 being louder. As for deeper I also think the N1 will be deeper. 3 inch catbacks on our cars NA can get quite raspy.

RB-BRZ 11-09-2016 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyler_win_photo (Post 2792892)
From the looks of the canisters/mufflers I'll put my bet on the N1 being louder. As for deeper I also think the N1 will be deeper. 3 inch catbacks on our cars NA can get quite raspy.

Thanks for that! I would have thought the larger piping would increase rumble but I might be wrong then.

Jasten 11-09-2016 08:36 AM

I don't recall any raspyness when i was running NA and even when i transitioned into a supercharger. Beware of the volume of the Greddy Evo GT if you plan on getting catless headers though. It's a very deep rumble, but very loud. I swapped the stock muffler back asap even though i loved the sound. Only because i live in California though.

F R YESS 11-09-2016 03:38 PM

N1 is loud with annoying (imo) drone on the freeway. That said, I love it around town and for shorter trips. For long trips the silencers are awesome and keep the noise reasonable.

I'm also stock except TRD intake so any other exhausts mods would make it awfully loud I'm sure.

Quality is good and I think price is a bit lower (got mine used for 275) than the evo.

I also went with the N1 due to the aforementioned rasp with being NA.

No experience with the Evo GT sorry..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Songha 11-10-2016 08:30 AM

I love my full catless uel setup with the N1. Though on longer trips I feel like I've gone deaf for a bit. Cold starts remind me of helicopters. Still love it.

fizzymike 11-10-2016 09:28 AM

I have the Greddy and I really like it, im not sure about the N1. The greddy has a very deep rumble, sounds great to me. I also have a catless front pipe and it louder. Sounds great but if I had catless headers I would probably have a catted front pipe.

ShadowReaper 11-10-2016 08:37 PM

I have heard both of these cat-backs in person.

Invidia N1 is the louder one.

However, the GReddy is the deeper one.

Ill take deeper over louder anyday

RB-BRZ 11-11-2016 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowReaper (Post 2794386)
I have heard both of these cat-backs in person.

Invidia N1 is the louder one.

However, the GReddy is the deeper one.

Ill take deeper over louder anyday

Thanks for that! Is the Greddy deer by a great deal or only slightly?

RB-BRZ 11-11-2016 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F R YESS (Post 2793249)
N1 is loud with annoying (imo) drone on the freeway. That said, I love it around town and for shorter trips. For long trips the silencers are awesome and keep the noise reasonable.

I'm also stock except TRD intake so any other exhausts mods would make it awfully loud I'm sure.

Quality is good and I think price is a bit lower (got mine used for 275) than the evo.

I also went with the N1 due to the aforementioned rasp with being NA.

No experience with the Evo GT sorry..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that brother! Very helpful!

ShadowReaper 11-11-2016 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB-BRZ (Post 2794545)
Thanks for that! Is the Greddy deer by a great deal or only slightly?

I own a deep tone low rumble (Dezod catback).

When I heard the N1 being considered as deep, I laughed lol. It is a good exhaust but it's not deep, its more throaty sounding and louder..

So I would say the GReddy is deeper by more than just slightly.

RB-BRZ 11-11-2016 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowReaper (Post 2794548)
I own a deep tone low rumble (Dezod catback).

When I heard the N1 being considered as deep, I laughed lol. It is a good exhaust but it's not deep, its more throaty sounding and louder..

So I would say the GReddy is deeper by more than just slightly

Okay thanks. Would you consider it on the raspy side?

ShadowReaper 11-11-2016 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RB-BRZ (Post 2794549)
Okay thanks. Would you consider it on the raspy side?

Yes N1 is raspy/throaty/grimey..

I don't know if you are set on your options but checkout Dezod exhaust. I was between the GReddy and the Dezod for like a month, but Dezod focuses on ground clearance, the GReddy makes you lose 1" ground clearance... If you lower a certain amount you will scrape.

Both are great choices for deep tone, low-rumble exhaust tho.

RB-BRZ 11-11-2016 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowReaper (Post 2794551)
Yes N1 is raspy/throaty/grimey..

I don't know if you are set on your options but checkout Dezod exhaust. I was between the GReddy and the Dezod for like a month, but Dezod focuses on ground clearance, the GReddy makes you lose 1" ground clearance... If you lower a certain amount you will scrape.

Both are great choices for deep tone, low-rumble exhaust tho.

Hmm okay thanks. Is the dezod exhaust loud?
I want something that is loud and deep. I know i can spend money on UEL headers but i want to try and just get a cat back.