Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New review (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6273)

ngabdala 05-15-2012 09:34 AM

New review

This was just posted 20min ago:

http://blogs.motortrend.com/2013-sci...ion-23215.html

hNt 05-15-2012 09:56 AM

hahaha according to him the only thing wrong with the FR-S is the lack of satellite radio

hmmm now if only one of these cars had it standard... :)

pssssst...BRZ does....

but joking aside he had nothing but good things to say about the FR-S which is music to all of our ears...or eyes

Subie 05-15-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hNt (Post 212502)
hahaha according to him the only thing wrong with the FR-S is the lack of satellite radio

hmmm now if only one of these cars had it standard... :)

I'm pretty sure it is on the BRZ, at least the tuner part. That makes the BRZ perfect. :thumbsup:

hNt 05-15-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Subie (Post 212504)
I'm pretty sure it is on the BRZ, at least the tuner part. That makes the BRZ perfect. :thumbsup:

haha i know :) I just added that to my post. HD and satellite radio come standard on both trims!!! :D

mines13 05-15-2012 10:56 AM

A cute puff piece. Now I think the magazines are just fishing for FR-S hype attention. We aren't going to stop reading your blogs for non FR-S content just because the car is out. I am already sold fellas, you can stop now.

Dave-ROR 05-15-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mines13 (Post 212575)
A cute puff piece. Now I think the magazines are just fishing for FR-S hype attention. We aren't going to stop reading your blogs for non FR-S content just because the car is out. I am already sold fellas, you can stop now.

I hope it's more because these journalists really just genuinely love the car.. maybe I'm naive though :)

tripjammer 05-15-2012 11:29 AM

That the Bespoke is $849!!! I think a rip off for what you are getting.
Oh and no option for the HIDs..(This is really the only thing the FR-S needs!)

That's really is all I don't like about the FR-S but radios can be swapped out...can we say pioneer app radio 2 for $399?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-SPH-DA100-AppRadio2-Receiver/dp/B006Y44PCU"]Amazon.com: Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio2 Receiver: Electronics[/ame]

But you can't do bluetooth audio stream with this unit, so be forewarned...

But if the FR-S is really 6.2 secs and the BRZ is 7.2 secs....hmmmm

Somebody needs to do a side by side USA test.....

TuxedoCartman 05-15-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tripjammer (Post 212627)

?!?!? Where'd you find these numbers?! Was the BRZ an automatic? I saw that the BRZ was slower by about a second around a race-track (Tsukuba, I think), but to 60 mph? They need to redo that test, because that can't be right.

-TuxedoCartman,
(who just passed up an opportunity to get in a dig at those damn BRZ drivers who drone on and on incessantly about their HID's and navigation! :thumbsup: )

Pekingduck 05-15-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

That the Bespoke is $849!!! I think a rip off for what you are getting.
Oh and no option for the HIDs..(This is really the only thing the FR-S needs!)

That's really is all I don't like about the FR-S but radios can be swapped out...can we say pioneer app radio 2 for $399?

Amazon.com: Pioneer SPH-DA100 AppRadio2 Receiver: Electronics

But you can't do bluetooth audio stream with this unit, so be forewarned...

I was semi unsatisfied with my radio, the bespoke was tempting, but after seeing this I might just go aftermarket. I didn't know headunits like this had drop in price so much.

ngabdala 05-15-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman (Post 212646)
?!?!? Where'd you find these numbers?! Was the BRZ an automatic? I saw that the BRZ was slower by about a second around a race-track (Tsukuba, I think), but to 60 mph? They need to redo that test, because that can't be right.

-TuxedoCartman,
(who just passed up an opportunity to get in a dig at those damn BRZ drivers who drone on and on incessantly about their HID's and navigation! :thumbsup: )

That BRZ number is incorrect. Although, I believe it was Insideline who got that number. The BRZ is in the low 6 second range.

TuxedoCartman 05-15-2012 01:24 PM

Figured it had to be. I mean, there's no way there can be THAT big of a difference in acceleration, not when the biggest mechanical difference between the two is a relatively minor suspension setup.

Dave-ROR 05-15-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

I've seen 6.3 and 6.4 for the BRZ.

7.2 was Edmunds I think.. They tend to be slow :)

Symbiont 05-15-2012 02:53 PM

Honestly, I'm going to be replacing the stock stereo immediately, anyway, so I really don't care about that. The only thing I would have liked to see on the FR-S would be the HIDs.

blu_ 05-15-2012 02:57 PM

The only thing OEM sat radio ever gave me was never ending sales calls from Sirius.