Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   No Race Track Seats in Race Car Drivers Every Day Cars..!! (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19770)

JohnnyNight 10-14-2012 09:16 PM

No Race Track Seats in Race Car Drivers Every Day Cars..!!

I knew this was going happen...

I put a thread up about how the FRS front seats are puting the hurt on me... maybe you saw..

So I was just thinking I wonder if these race car drivers are driving around in race track seats in their every day cars...

Answer - No...

German Formula One world champion Sebastian Vettel drives an Infiniti FX50 as his personal vehicle, and Infiniti has a partnership with Sebastian’s Red Bull Racing Team...

So while Scion has got everyone thinking, yeah, you're a race car driver now, here's your race track seats, real race car drivers are cruisin around seatin on Big Comfy Ones...

http://llcollection-groupll.blogspot...yday-cars.html

hippari 10-14-2012 09:25 PM

cool article, Danica Patrick sounds like a tool.

Superhatch 10-14-2012 09:30 PM

Webber drives a 911 GT2 RS. Those seats are WAY more aggressive than ours are. It's not like every race car driver has a plush SUV or every race car driver drives a stripped out car with race seats. I think your definitive "NO" isn't right, but isn't wrong either.

Side note, for the price I think our seats are a great mix of something between entry track, and daily driver. Perfect for a sports car.

JohnnyNight 10-14-2012 09:47 PM

Hi SuperHatch,

Yeah I guess some are drivin in race track seats, but I would like to visually confirm it before I say for sure...

Do you really think though they're toolin the family around in a 911 GT2 RS.. I seriously doubt it..

Weber may have a 911 GT2 RS, but does he really drive it other than a few miles here and there...

I'm getting mine re-upholstered as soon the man can do the job...

http://lanestrimshop.com

My instructions - make it feel like a Lincoln... or at least like the Infiniti FX50 that Sebastian drives..

Also I got to find another place to keep my wallet, or it's going to end up in a place I really don't want it to be... know what I'm sayin...

Apex Chase 10-14-2012 10:04 PM

Not to thread jack, but has anyone weighed the stock seats?

Gen 10-14-2012 10:06 PM

I don't consider the seats in the FR-S overly aggressive. Almost all sports cars come with 'sportier' seats.

Superhatch 10-14-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyNight (Post 496838)
My instructions - make it feel like a Lincoln...

:barf:

I've been on 4 1000 mile round trip drives in this car. The seats aren't that aggressive. I guess it could depend on your body type though. I'm 5'8" 155 lbs and they fit me perfectly.

I don't know why you would want them to be plush though. A tight well connected seat helps you to feel what the car is doing, and allows the forces applied by your driving to not swing you out of position. Keeping planted allows you to better feel what the car is doing and what your inputs are doing to the car...that's the whole point of these seats, and this car.

Perhaps you should have gotten a G37?

JohnnyNight 10-14-2012 10:27 PM

Gen

Not sure what cars you're speaking of, but my 2006 Mit Eclipse Seats were super comfy, and I loved the car, can't believe they stopped making them.

I know one thing for sure, people aren't buying this car for the seats, they're buying it for the body of the car...

I just don't understand the need for these things... what do they do anyone..?

JohnnyNight 10-14-2012 10:31 PM

Superhatch

Actually for another 10 grand I might have... but that's another 10 grand...

but I do like the body of the FRS way better anyway, it's for me much more of a European Exotic look..

As mentioned my Eclipse was awesome, for $20,000 a great looking car and seats that let you feel the ride but didn't bust you up...

I'm kind of kidding about the plush, although if I needed to pick one extreme that would be the one..

low trq 10-14-2012 10:36 PM

Stop complaining. I drove around in non-reclinable fiberglass Recaro seats for years (daily driver/race car).

JohnnyNight 10-14-2012 10:44 PM

Of course I love complaining... especially since my Advil and Aleve usage has gone up...

but that sounds like a whole bunch hard you had there...

ouch...

now I see a nice Lexus though...

low trq 10-14-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyNight (Post 496946)
Of course I love complaining... especially since my Advil and Aleve usage has gone up...

but that sounds like a whole bunch hard you had there...

ouch...

now I see a nice Lexus though...

Thats the wify's. I had a S2K but got rid of it for a FR-S that has yet to come in yet.

Sorry if I came off brash, I was just messing around.

camelflage 10-14-2012 11:11 PM

im 6' 300 pounds and i haven't had any discomfort from the fr-s seats..

catharsis 10-15-2012 08:04 AM

If you don't like the seats than get a SUV. Obviously sports cars aren't your thing.:iono: