Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   STX setup sharing thread (2022) (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148396)

Autoxer62 01-12-2022 10:23 AM

STX setup sharing thread (2022)

Happy New Year!

I ran a few events in '21 with (very) limited prep. The car is in our shop now getting some new bits, so here's my opening setup for '22:

- GReddy (KW V2) coilovers, 6k/9k springs
- Karcepts front/Mann rear & RacerX endlink sway bars
- 17x9 +35 RPF1/Falken RT660
- SPC Rear LCA w/Diftech bushings
- SuperPro Front LCA bushings
- Whiteline rear subframe bushings
- RacerX master cylinder brace
- Redline trans and diff fluids
- Camber 3.5F/2R, Toe 0F 1/8"R toe-in

Later in the season I expect to do some further development:
- Hawk 5.0 brake pads
- Goodridge SS brake lines
- Redline brake fluid
- Replace the tires and adjust the alignment as needed

I'd like to get to the exhaust and oil pan/pickup but that's not quite to the point of an actual plan yet.

ka-t_240 01-12-2022 03:13 PM

What is the idea behind an oil pan/pickup? I haven't looked at the engine rules in a long while, but they may kick you out of STX.

Eric1855 01-12-2022 03:15 PM

Just sharing, I was not a huge fan of the Hawk HPS 5.0 (or any Hawk pad for that matter) the Ferodo DS2500 is probably the best brake pad I've used for AutoX. EBC Yellowstuff a close contender after that.

I pulled the plug on a SP build since the BRZ/86 is getting the shaft and not going to DSP so will be competing in STX next year. At least I know the car is fast enough and the only thing holding it back is me.

PLX92 01-12-2022 03:34 PM

Did a full season in 2021 locally (mostly local organizations, couple scca events) and was very pleased with the car overall.

2017 BRZ Premium - Current setup (likely will remain unchanged):

- Early Ohlins RT's w/6kg Front + 7kg Rear springs
- 4* front camber // 2.2*camber rear
- 0 toe front // 1/8 total toe in rear
- Whiteline 22mm front bar on soft
- Whiteline front endlinks (made it the whole season without becoming loose - hurray!)
- Blox rear LCA's (poly bushing)
- Whiteline subframe and diff bushing inserts
- Whiteline trans insert
- Whiteline steering rack bushings
- 17x9 +35 720form wheels
- 245/40r17 A052's (may try 255's this season, but don't want to deal with rubbing)
- AP front sprint brakes
- Speigler SS lines f/r
- Ferrodo DS2500's

- JR oil cooler
- Ace 350
- Motiv Catted mid pipe
- CSG touring 86 exhaust
- Tuned by Zack

Car does push a smidge mid sweeper, may try less rear toe or adding more rear bar. Has loads of composure everywhere else so I'm hesitant to change anything.

Autoxer62 01-12-2022 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-t_240 (Post 3496144)
What is the idea behind an oil pan/pickup? I haven't looked at the engine rules in a long while, but they may kick you out of STX.

Pans and pickups are free in ST. What you may not do is run a windage tray. The idea behind the baffled pan and pickup is to improve the durability.

Breezio 01-13-2022 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric1855 (Post 3496146)
I pulled the plug on a SP build since the BRZ/86 is getting the shaft and not going to DSP so will be competing in STX next year. At least I know the car is fast enough and the only thing holding it back is me.

Got a link to that information?

The last fast track I saw on the topic was moving the 1st gen twins from DSP (light prep) and BSP (full prep) to DSP (full prep). Which is a very good change.

Eric1855 01-13-2022 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breezio (Post 3496278)
Got a link to that information?

The last fast track I saw on the topic was moving the 1st gen twins from DSP (light prep) and BSP (full prep) to DSP (full prep). Which is a very good change.

It’s supposedly coming out soon in the next fast track and was supposed to come out in the last but didn’t. When it said my letter would be published then wasn’t I talked to someone I know who knows and they told me it will be in the FastTrack to leave it in LP DSP and full CSP for now. Don’t want to upset the 6 RX8 drivers out there. Then supposedly a larger SP shuffle/revamp is in the works too so it may end up somewhere else, but not DSP.

Hopefully we’ll see that soon but who knows

Breezio 01-13-2022 08:18 AM

Hmm. Well the FastTrack that was talking about making the twins (albiet only years '13 - '16) full prep DSP wasn't very long ago. Would seem odd for them to go back on that so quickly. But, FastTrack isn't gospel anyway..

Kelse92 01-17-2022 09:54 AM

My car's made a complete 180 in parts compared to when I first got it last summer.
This year's setup:
2014 FRS
- Nitron R1's
- Karcepts front and rear bars
- Verus rear LCA's (poly bushing)
- 17x9 Rpf1's
- I was on 255 A052 and CR1 last year, but I am trying 245's this year
- AP front endurance kit with Cobalt Friction pads
- Pair of Sparco seats on OEM sliders with Brey-Krause mounts (26lbs total each)
- Greddy oil cooler
- Ace 350
- JDL Ultraquiet mid pipe
- Tomei 60r "exhaust" (this just went on the car and its a little too loud... doubt it would pass sound at an event so gotta work on that lol)
- Tuning by CSG
- Antigravity ATX-30 battery

Things I'm still debating on adding but probably going to put aside this year:
- Diff - I run much higher spring rates than most because I run the car with aero at the track. I don't think it's worth doing at this point without redoing the whole setup which I don't really want to mess with at this point. I'm happy with it.
- All bushings - Have steering rack ones in hand that I will probably put in but the rest are on the back-burner at the moment.
- I also wasn't aware of an oil baffle being legal but I would like one.

e1_griego 01-17-2022 10:00 AM

I think this is year 5 for me and I keep making changes along the way.

Suspension:
MCS 2W remotes
5k/9k (275/500) rates
Raceseng CasCam front plates, 1" top hats in rear
Karcepts Front bar
Mann rear bar
Racerx LCA with a delrin bushing (instead of poly)
Racerx Rear endlinks

Engine:
Ace A350 header
My JDL pipe blew up, I think I have a Motiv pipe now.
CSG touring86 exhaust
Perrin oil cooler

Other:
OS Giken lsd in 1way config
Whiteline subframe, diff and trans inserts
STi motor mounts

This winter I've added the AP Sprint brake kit, bought another set of rpf1s, and picked up a Sparco QRT-R (actually 2 of them) so I'll put at least one in.

And still haven't put in a light battery yet so that's on the short list for the next few weeks.

Going to get the shocks and the diff rebuilt before the season starts and the clock is ticking...

Autoxer62 01-17-2022 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelse92 (Post 3497385)
- I also wasn't aware of an oil baffle being legal but I would like one.

Specifically the pan is legal to change, they don't mention a separate baffle as is commonly available (Blue Moon, Moroso, etc). I'm going to make up a set of baffles and weld them into the pan (in part because I don't like the available baffles). One could also take an off the shelf baffle, cut off the flange, then weld that to the pan and you should be rules-compliant. The relevant section of the rules is 14.10A:

Quote:

A. Oil pans, oil pickups, and differential covers may be modified or substi- tuted. Addition or modification of windage trays or crankshaft scrapers is not allowed. Engine oil, transmission fluid, differential fluid, and power steering fluid coolers may be added or substituted (including oil to coolant heat exchangers) but may not serve any additional purpose. Modifications necessary to route fluids to an appropriate heat exchanger (modification of oil and coolant lines, addition of oil cooler sandwich adapters, addition of fluid pumps, etc.) is allowed provided they serve no other purpose.
Personally I'd say protesting one of the various sandwich style baffles falls well under the category of 'weenie protest', but I thought anyone contemplating the mod should be aware of the precise rule.

steverife 01-17-2022 11:04 AM

2016 Scion FRS
- ProParts Megan Racing coilovers - using Megan camber plates and front end links
- 400/400 springs
- Eibach 25.4mm hollow front sway bar (leftover from SSC set up), set on soft
- Mann rear bar
- Racer X rear end links
- SPC rear arms with DIFtech bushings
- JDL 4-2-1 EL header
- JDL OP/FP combo
- Invidia Q300 catback
- Perrin inlet tube
- Xero Limit Ecutek tune
- Whiteline transmission insert
- Whiteline subframe bushings
- 17x9 RPF1's +35 offset
- 245/40/17 A052's
- Anti-Gravity ATX20 in MeLe Design battery box
- STi motor mounts (yet to be installed)

May mess with rates and plates and alignment, but my primary focus is the driver. SSC made me hate autocross and the last 2 years have felt like throw away years, so really just trying to get my mental game and driving back to where it was a few years ago. So working hard on diet and exercise and getting rest and doing things that help me not feel like crap at events.

racingfool 01-17-2022 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelse92 (Post 3497385)
I run much higher spring rates than most

Care to share?

strat61caster 01-17-2022 07:14 PM

Also curious about the Nitrons, was looking at this for another car but stateside sales was not very confidence inspiring. UK reps were better but I wasn’t totally convinced they would be a good solution for me.