Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Traded my BRZ in for.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126210)

rookie 03-19-2018 09:40 PM

Traded my BRZ in for....

1 Attachment(s)
The car I've wanted since I could remember... :) My preferred color was white or silver but can't really go wrong with red either. It certainly gets a lot of attention...

This is just a teaser pic until I can stop driving it so much and take time to get some decent pictures. :burnrubber:

dostoyevsky 03-19-2018 10:05 PM

NSX?

Spuds 03-19-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dostoyevsky (Post 3060656)
NSX?

Pontiac Fiero with a body kit.

Kaotic Lazagna 03-19-2018 11:30 PM

Nice Ferrari. ;)

guybo 03-20-2018 06:02 AM

Lamborgotti Fasterossa? Did you buy it used from an old guy who owns a power plant in a town called Springfield?

JD001 03-20-2018 06:20 AM

2019 Scion FRS STI Turbo thingy.

8RZ 03-20-2018 07:48 AM

Congrats on the Japanese Ferrari, every Honda fanboi's dream car lol.

bfrank1972 03-20-2018 09:24 AM

Good god, be happy for the guy you bunch of jerks lol Sweet car, a legend! Post some driving impressions vs your BRZ when you get a chance.

StraightOuttaCanadaEh 03-20-2018 09:55 AM

woooo congrats! That's awesome

Ghost of Akina 03-20-2018 10:40 AM

NSX nice!

rookie 03-20-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bfrank1972 (Post 3060823)
Good god, be happy for the guy you bunch of jerks lol Sweet car, a legend! Post some driving impressions vs your BRZ when you get a chance.

Driving impressions: I believe the 86 has captured and built with the same philosophy as the NSX, that is to be a fun balanced driving machine on the roads and track but thats about where the similarity ends. I got the 91, (no power steering) so the road feel is amazing. It's a raw, unadulterated driving experience with very little nannies getting in the way of you, the car and the road. The view from the cockpit is just wide open road, with very little of the hood visible and you feel as your toes are exactly where the nose of the car is as you push it around curves. As you get on the gas the stock 3.0 engine roars from behind and as vtec hits, the roar no longer is just a roar but a screaming reminiscent of an F1 engine. The well tuned engine from Honda has no noticeable "vtec kick" as some are so used to having and before you know it, you're at redline preparing to shift. Coming from a RSX then the BRZ, I'm not used to having torque and the NSX is by no means a torque monster but it does have good grunt down low and passing while cruising in 5th gear doesn't require a downshift. The NSX is surprisingly open with very little blind spots for the driver to account for. The seating position is perfect and the stock leather seats hugs, even my wife noticed that they held her in place as I push the NSX around corners, obviously no where near the limits of the car. The stock suspension handles road imperfections well enough and is not too jarring even for a sports car. Honda nailed it with the NSX.

TLDR: 20 some years later, the NSX is still one of the best driving affordable sports car you can buy.

Tcoat 03-20-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rookie (Post 3060879)
Driving impressions: I believe the 86 has captured and built with the same philosophy as the NSX, that is to be a fun balanced driving machine on the roads and track but thats about where the similarity ends. I got the 91, (no power steering) so the road feel is amazing. It's a raw, unadulterated driving experience with very little nannies getting in the way of you, the car and the road. The view from the cockpit is just wide open road, with very little of the hood visible and you feel as your toes are exactly where the nose of the car is as you push it around curves. As you get on the gas the stock 3.0 engine roars from behind and as vtec hits, the roar no longer is just a roar but a screaming reminiscent of an F1 engine. The well tuned engine from Honda has no noticeable "vtec kick" as some are so used to having and before you know it, you're at redline preparing to shift. Coming from a RSX then the BRZ, I'm not used to having torque and the NSX is by no means a torque monster but it does have good grunt down low and passing while cruising in 5th gear doesn't require a downshift. The NSX is surprisingly open with very little blind spots for the driver to account for. The seating position is perfect and the stock leather seats hugs, even my wife noticed that they held her in place as I push the NSX around corners, obviously no where near the limits of the car. The stock suspension handles road imperfections well enough and is not too jarring even for a sports car. Honda nailed it with the NSX.

TLDR: 20 some years later, the NSX is still one of the best driving affordable sports car you can buy.

Nice find and great review! I have never even seen one of those in the wild much less drove one. Certainly not in the same class as the 86 though so comparing is apples to cucumbers.

MRCA1ST 03-20-2018 11:44 AM

I am excited for you, ones of the greatest sports cars ever made IMO. I wouldn't trade my BRZ for one, but I would like to have one in addition to the BRZ someday when I have the time/space. Looking forward to pictures

fatoni 03-20-2018 12:01 PM

I had a very similar experience when I bought my lotus (minutes the low end torque). I considered the NSX but while I fit much better in that car, the Lotus for much better in my tiny garage. Congratulations.