Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Why aren't you vaccinated yet? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145334)

wbradley 05-14-2021 03:18 PM

Why aren't you vaccinated yet? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

I promised I would put up this thread, so here it is.

Please share reasons you would NOT be getting vaccinated.
Hopefully the community here can assist in answering questions or help to dispel any hesitancy.

Ultimately, it is still an individual choice so let's try and keep this respectful.

I have my first shot. My buddy and former co-worker who I text back and forth with every day is hesitant and I don't want to stop being friends over it, but my observation is virtually everyone that feels that way has no interest or previous education in biology or life science. So, they are making an uneducated decision when it should be an educated one. My argument has been ask your family Dr what he thinks is best for you.
But I guess not everyone fires on all cylinders upstairs.

weederr33 05-14-2021 03:49 PM

Ah shit...

:popcorn:

NoHaveMSG 05-14-2021 03:58 PM

Can people just go back to virtue signaling on twitter so we can talk cars and BS about funny stuff again.

Lantanafrs2 05-14-2021 04:04 PM

Sometimes retaining a friendship involves minding your own fucking business

wbradley 05-14-2021 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 (Post 3432673)
Sometimes retaining a friendship involves minding your own fucking business

Sometimes.

NoHaveMSG 05-14-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 3432687)
Sometimes.

We have been in this mess long enough that if someone still has an opposing opinion about getting vaccinated, I don't think you are going to change their minds. Just let it go, read a book, and be the best you. No good is going to come from this thread. They are entitled to their opinion on the matter just as you are yours. I am sure there are some positive things you could be putting your energy towards.

wbradley 05-14-2021 04:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG (Post 3432695)
We have been in this mess long enough that if someone still has an opposing opinion about getting vaccinated, I don't think you are going to change their minds. Just let it go, read a book, and be the best you. No good is going to come from this thread. They are entitled to their opinion on the matter just as you are yours. I am sure there are some positive things you could be putting your energy towards.

OK how about this then? lol

NoHaveMSG 05-14-2021 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wbradley (Post 3432699)
OK how about this then? lol

Why can't I have soup? I do love soup, but it is a bit warm for that around here right now.

Lantanafrs2 05-14-2021 05:15 PM

Is the 2022 sti turbod?

spike021 05-14-2021 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lantanafrs2 (Post 3432708)
Is the 2022 sti turbod?

Nah it's LS.

alphasaur 05-14-2021 05:34 PM

I am vaccinated

Here's an argument though, mrna vaccines are relatively novel and in an age group where mortality related to covid is minimal (<30 years old) why should they be pressured to obtain a vaccine when there is no long term data on effects of the novel vaccine on young people. I can understand the hesitancy when it comes to this group of people.

If you are older/have comorbidities, it's much harder to make an argument.

wbradley 05-14-2021 05:35 PM

Let me just tell you, the lobster bisque is incredible!

FR-S2GT86 05-15-2021 03:24 AM

I'll tell you why I refuse to get vaccinated:

I don't go to the doctor when I get sick. I allow my immune system to naturally fight off all viruses like it has been designed to do and has evolved to do over the hundred or so thousands of years that homo sapiens have been living on this planet.

Whenever I get a fever, I don't take fever reducing medicines, I bundle up and allow the fever to do it's job while keeping myself hydrated. That fever is your immune system working to destroy microscopic foreign invaders.

I completely trust that my natural immune system is strong enough to fight off the COVID 19 virus. If it's not, and I catch the virus and die, then that's simply natural selection kicking in and I was never meant to continue on in this world. Let the strongest survive is what I say, and I'm completely okay with not being the strongest.

Like Ivan Drago said about Apollo Creed in Rocky IV: "If he dies, he dies."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvAeWtyZ-uE

humfrz 05-15-2021 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 (Post 3432856)
I'll tell you why I refuse to get vaccinated:

I don't go to the doctor when I get sick. I allow my immune system to naturally fight off all viruses like it has been designed to do and has evolved to do over the hundred or so thousands of years that homo sapiens have been living on this planet.

Whenever I get a fever, I don't take fever reducing medicines, I bundle up and allow the fever to do it's job while keeping myself hydrated. That fever is your immune system working to destroy microscopic foreign invaders.

I completely trust that my natural immune system is strong enough to fight off the COVID 19 virus. If it's not, and I catch the virus and die, then that's simply natural selection kicking in and I was never meant to continue on in this world. Let the strongest survive is what I say, and I'm completely okay with not being the strongest.

Like Ivan Drago said about Apollo Creed in Rocky IV: "If he dies, he dies."

:popcorn:

:iono: