Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   FR-S / BRZ vs.... (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "Sweet Ride Bro" Encounters (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34696)

GH05T 04-25-2013 12:58 AM

"Sweet Ride Bro" Encounters

Not to confuse with my other thread. Post some of your favorites encounters of people admiring your car!

During heavy traffic I had someone make me pull down my window and ask about my BRZ while driving in traffic. Couldn't stop gushing over the car.

I actually had someone driving a Maserati staring at my car hard and admiring it! :thumbsup:

DBacon1052 04-25-2013 01:05 AM

The other day, I had a nice conversation with the guy next to me at the red light. I think the best encounter was when the clerk at the local gas station came out and (with a heavy asian accent) couldn't stop saying how nice it looked. He didn't know what it was though cause it was May 28th.

Freeman 04-25-2013 01:29 AM

I get these all the time, one of the best things I love about this car.

My favorite one was when I was cruising on I-90 headed into Spokane and I had a murdered out escalade come up and pace me. He rolled down the passenger window and he and the passenger both gave me thumbs up.

This is my favorite because I thought I was going to get shot but didn't... it is Spocompton after all.

Via my Note 2

cfusionpm 04-25-2013 01:44 AM

I've gotten a couple of random thumbs up and plenty of head turns. My daily commute is through a mostly residential area and I love driving past people pretending not to pay attention and I see them turn around in my rear view to take another look.

I think one of the best things about the car is that it looks like it's 2-3x more expensive than it actually is. :)

bcj 04-25-2013 01:18 PM

One morning in Ashland OR, I pulled into an outside row of pumps to clean the windshield.
Had enough gas to get to Grants Pass, and they were still charging No-Cal prices in Ashland.

The attendant finally came by "Sorry, I didn't see you there" "Just want to clean the window really"
"No problem. Wow! That's the first one of those I've seen here. Are they as good to drive as they say?"
"Yes, it really is. Just did CA36 and CA96 yesterday. Much fun. I'd do it again if I had more time."
"OMG! I really want to do that someday!"

Spent a bit of time nattering over other points about the car. Had another nice day subsequently.

Scenic Driver 04-25-2013 01:53 PM

This is all in the last 3-4 weeks:

I've had a Panamera and a couple of other cars pacing me on the highway to check it out.
I had a red light conversation with someone the other day.
I've been stopped at a gas station 4 times by people asking questions.
Yesterday, 2 kids gave me a wave as I drove by as they were checking it out.

The sad part is not a single person where I work commented on it, confirmation that I have to find a new job.

Demandred7 04-30-2013 12:03 PM

About 50% of the time when I take my car to the car wash, I have someone approach me about my car. Usually it goes something along the lines of "I have been thinking about getting one" or "I sat in one at the car show" and "is it everything they say it is?". First and foremost, I say that I love driving again. Secondly, I say that while it is no slouch, the car is not about outright acceleration and is not a stoplight warrior. Buy a different car, if you want that. I tell them that this car will connect you with the road again and is more about taking a set of twisties.

TylerLieberman 04-30-2013 12:20 PM

I get neck breakers and fart can racers on a day to day basis.

Pretty comical

YDNA 05-01-2013 07:27 AM

the best is when you can see your car parked somewhere (like when you're inside mcdonalds) and people are going up to the car and checking out the interior and taking pictures... LOL

Noob4Life 05-01-2013 07:33 AM

Car was parked outside of my work and a buddy said that a couple kids in a new bmw parked and went running over to it. Started looking through the windows complimenting it. When my buddy went to mention that it was his buddys car (he was watching to make sure they didnt touch it) they asked to take a picture of it and one of them jumps in and poses with it lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

JDMenrique 05-01-2013 07:53 AM

i had a security guard who actually drives an Audi say that he likes my:

"$80k Lexus L.. LF... what is it?"

I said it's an FR-S and that an LFA is worth 4x what he said, lol.

bdub85 05-01-2013 08:04 AM

I was pulling up to Chick Fil A, and some people were like nice car man.

Also, I passed a guy driving an Audi that gave me a thumbs up.

This car definitely gets a lot of attention.

DaBrz 05-01-2013 08:18 AM

A young couple took a picture of me at a stop light lol

Buding09 05-01-2013 09:05 AM

This car really a neck breaker ..hehehe....the car next to me taking a picture of my car while his driving..( I told him no using a cellphone while driving its illegal).. Hehehe