Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   AUSTRALIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   calling ya local dealer (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2407)

Slide 11-28-2011 06:48 AM

calling ya local dealer

Called mine today.p

They Havnt got much news.said 8 June.. 8-6-2012... That's pretty cool. But I want it way sooner then that

Longhorn248 11-28-2011 11:08 AM

Dealer I talked to said June as well, the reports from Leeky in Japan are saying April worldwide release though...US may be different?

Calais 11-29-2011 07:51 AM

dont trust the dealers until they can give you a brochure, the two dealers ive talked to over the weekend had no clue what was going on. one said it was going to be called the ft-86 mkII and have a 2.5 turboed FA motor in it(FA is the current one right? i keep forgetting) and the other guy had a blank look on his face and said "you probably know more than me" but both said release is mid next year, so i guess they know that atleast???

Nostalgia1987 11-29-2011 12:39 PM

Most sales people at car dealerships are just plain shitheads, and very very very good shit talkers. Least that person that said "you probably know more than me" was being honest with you. Its hard to get correct information, unless you are speaking to someone that youve know for a while.

Have Perth members here been in contact with Toyota dealerships in the Perth metro region and been successful with getting info, release dates and prices??

Wouldnt mind knowing if it is just selected Toyota dealerships selling the GT86 or the lot.

Nardi330 11-29-2011 04:10 PM

Probably just direct your questions on Toyota Aus Facebook page.

Nostalgia1987 11-30-2011 07:34 AM

Dont use/have facebook.

Might go into the city one this week and ask.

Nardi330 11-30-2011 08:03 AM

But the problem with dealers are, they don't know sh17.....

FT-86GOD 11-30-2011 05:12 PM

Dealerships dont know shit like Calais said......

But FUCK JUNE....

If i aint got mine by late march early april ill start losing it.........

Slide 11-30-2011 06:53 PM

you all know how i roll... I get emails...

Yet another email that will crush as all!!

This is from Toyota PR people... :'(
http://86-club.com/images/86date.png

Crushing blow!!! I was hoping for April!!!-June release... 3/4 = a year from now!!!

Unless he is talking financial years ahah! then April would be correct :P

GrimmSpeed 11-30-2011 07:08 PM

Subaru's website stated April 2012 as the US "on sale" date.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Justin

Nambo 11-30-2011 07:12 PM

Us Aussies always get screwed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was released in Japan and the US April, then Europe and eventually Australia in June...guess it gives me a bit more time to save.

Slide 11-30-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nambo (Post 84861)
Us Aussies always get screwed, I wouldn't be surprised if it was released in Japan and the US April, then Europe and eventually Australia in June...guess it gives me a bit more time to save.

Lol yes we do always get screwed over!! I am ready for the car now :P

Nardi330 11-30-2011 08:40 PM

i want it now but it's best financially for me if i buy in 2013 so i don't care when it's released in 2012 lol

sirus 11-30-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgia1987 (Post 82495)
Most sales people at car dealerships are just plain shitheads, and very very very good shit talkers. Least that person that said "you probably know more than me" was being honest with you. Its hard to get correct information, unless you are speaking to someone that youve know for a while.

Have Perth members here been in contact with Toyota dealerships in the Perth metro region and been successful with getting info, release dates and prices??

Wouldnt mind knowing if it is just selected Toyota dealerships selling the GT86 or the lot.

I went and saw New Town Toyota. Seeing they are the largest dealer in Perth I figure they will get the largest volume of 86's. The first sales guy I spoke to was helpful and knew a little bit about the car but he has now left and I has been passed to another bloke who is useless. I'm going to go speak to the sales manager in future.
I was however able to out down a conditional deposit for the 86 to secure it when it comes on sale. They told me release was looking to be around June. I'm going to go back and see them just before xmas to see if things have changed.