Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   ASIA (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   UAE-parking sensors (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28994)

fjcruiser 02-14-2013 01:31 PM

UAE-parking sensors

Has anyone had any parking sensors or front bumper sensor installed on their car by any chance ? I am just worried the about damaging my front bumper when I park the car as the pavements in Dubai are quite high.

whaap 02-14-2013 01:45 PM

I haven't heard of such a thing. Here in the U.S. there are a lot of pre-cast concrete barriers (berms) in the front of parking spaces in most of our parking lots. Also, with the low hood of our cars it can be difficult to judge the distance but with over 6,000 miles I've not had a problem yet. I make sure I leave more than enough room in the front. I know when I get out of my car I'm often surprised about how far away from the berm I am but it really doesn't cause a problem. Our cars are small (short) enough that even though I might leave extra space in the front of my car the rear of my car doesn't protrude out any further in the driving lane than any other cars that are parked around me.

fjcruiser 02-14-2013 01:57 PM

Good point. I'm getting some practice with the rental Yaris I drive at the moment which also has a low front bumper.Another 30 days till the little beast arrive, that should be enough practice!

FT86Dubai 02-16-2013 05:36 AM

I wish it had those because I did scrape the under side of the front bumper. When parking I try to compare the door location on the cars beside me but when doing that its always a few centimeters away from the payment if not over because of the relatively long hood. Better practice by looking at the pavement and estimating instead of getting used to a Yaris with a very short hood.

sh4d0w 02-16-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FT86Dubai (Post 738454)
I wish it had those because I did scrape the under side of the front bumper. When parking I try to compare the door location on the cars beside me but when doing that its always a few centimeters away from the payment if not over because of the relatively long hood. Better practice by looking at the pavement and estimating instead of getting used to a Yaris with a very short hood.

Mine too, scraped the underside trying to compare side mirrors when parking :mad0260:, lesson learned. Now I know that you align your side mirros before halfway on the front door for a standard size sedan.

RevoG 02-18-2013 02:22 AM

I know that Toyota will fit sensors for the rear bumper only. Cost about AED 1400 fitted.

AbsolutKev86 03-09-2013 03:23 PM

i used to have v-lip (front), side lips n rear lips on my impreza 07, served me well bcos it was made of PU(rubbery) material. made the car looked good n protected the bottom of my car all round. jus a suggestion....

i ll try to look for lips too when i get my car...