Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   IAT OEM PID/CAN Data - RC MK2 (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134552)

M0nk3y 05-07-2019 08:50 AM

IAT OEM PID/CAN Data - RC MK2

Has anyone had success with trying to figure out IAT OEM PIDs or where it resides within the CAN database?

I'd like to start tracking IATs if possible. I have a couple leads on Paramids but don't know how to translate this into something that RC can accept. IIRC this is all mode 22 stuff.

0xFFF8DB8C
0xFFF87C64
0cFFF890B8

Any help?

conedodging 05-08-2019 10:47 AM

Shouldn't intake temp be an industry standard obd2 PID? Wikipedia's chart says

Code:

PID
(hex)        PID
        (Dec)        Data bytes returned        Description                Min value        Max value        Units        Formula[a]

0F        15        1                        Intake air temperature        -40                215                °C        A-40

I'll check this evening, I have to get my track mk2 setup for this weekend anyway.

On the CANbus side, no idea. The Autosports Labs forum has a thread for gt86 CAN mapping, but it's been quiet for year or so.

M0nk3y 05-08-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conedodging (Post 3215421)
Shouldn't intake temp be an industry standard obd2 PID? Wikipedia's chart says

Code:

PID
(hex)        PID
        (Dec)        Data bytes returned        Description                Min value        Max value        Units        Formula[a]

0F        15        1                        Intake air temperature        -40                215                °C        A-40

I'll check this evening, I have to get my track mk2 setup for this weekend anyway.

On the CANbus side, no idea. The Autosports Labs forum has a thread for gt86 CAN mapping, but it's been quiet for year or so.

That was my thought as well. However I threw that in and tried to log it - Driving around at night 62 degree ambient, the longer I drove the colder the IAT got...all the way down to 49 degrees.

MAF seems to work. Fuel level was reading wrong values as well.

conedodging 05-08-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nk3y (Post 3215429)
That was my thought as well. However I threw that in and tried to log it - Driving around at night 62 degree ambient, the longer I drove the colder the IAT got...all the way down to 49 degrees.

MAF seems to work. Fuel level was reading wrong values as well.

Well damn. Can the RCTrack mk2 pull raw CAN data to read? You've got my engineer brain spinning, now.

M0nk3y 05-08-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conedodging (Post 3215434)
Well damn. Can the RCTrack mk2 pull raw CAN data to read? You've got my engineer brain spinning, now.

Yessir.

They now have a preset map for the FRS/BRZ/86 available that has a lot of preconfigured CAN data. The only thing I’m pulling from OBD PID is RPM.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f3c986066d.jpg

I was going to start trying to script and figure out if I can find the IAT over CAN, but figured I’d ask here before I dove into the deep end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conedodging 05-08-2019 11:27 AM

I know about the presets. I was wondering if it can output or log the raw CAN data that the car is broadcasting to try and find values.

Bit off topic, but I feel like I've seen pictures of your RCTmk2 physically setup (somewhere *cough*), but I can't find them now. Where do you put the gps reciever? I have a bunch of velcro tape and wire clips to lock everything down, just not sure where to put the gps.

M0nk3y 05-08-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conedodging (Post 3215436)
I know about the presets. I was wondering if it can output or log the raw CAN data that the car is broadcasting to try and find values.

Bit off topic, but I feel like I've seen pictures of your RCTmk2 physically setup (somewhere *cough*), but I can't find them now. Where do you put the gps reciever? I have a bunch of velcro tape and wire clips to lock everything down, just not sure where to put the gps.

Yes you can: https://wiki.autosportlabs.com/CAN_Bus_logger

From a friend trying to help me

Quote:

so using that script, I modified the line that says "if id ~= nil then" to say "if id >= XXXX or id <= YYYY" and replace the XXX and YYY with three digit characters. I did ranges of 100 at first, then figured out where the "end" points were, what was the first and last CAN ID in use. Then narrow it down to smaller ranges and watch for data changing when you do things like turn the wheel or push the brakes (can all be done sitting still) and figure out how to use that data. Scaling and big endian vs little endian is all up to your interpretation.
My MK2 is setup to sit in the center console area where the cup holders are at. I have wire organizers running the transmission tunnel to hold the wire where the OBD 2 plugs in. For the GPS, I route the wire around the passenger seat, throw wire organizers up the B Pillar and the GPS routes outside the passenger window up on the roof. The GPS itself is magnetic - so it'll just hang out there. I throw a piece of tap on the wire on the roof so it doesn't flap around

timurrrr 07-20-2020 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M0nk3y (Post 3215435)
Yessir.

They now have a preset map for the FRS/BRZ/86 available that has a lot of preconfigured CAN data. The only thing I’m pulling from OBD PID is RPM.

Nice! Can you share more screenshots with those IDs, offsets and lengths?

Based on my research, you should be able to read RPM from ID=320, offset 2, length 2.