Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Life of stock Primacy tires (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138708)

bradyhuutch 01-24-2020 11:23 AM

Life of stock Primacy tires

I'll apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I was just thinking about when I should order my new wheels (special order from Japan, they'll take 6 months from the time I place the order) and I was planning on changing setups when my stock tires need to be replaced. What I can expect as far as life (given normal driving conditions) of the stock Michelin Primacy tires? Any input is helpful!:thumbup:

Grady 01-24-2020 11:47 AM

Order them now, why wait. If you are waiting to wear out the tires no spinning or hard turns you will probably be in the 50k range.

bradyhuutch 01-24-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady (Post 3293225)
Order them now, why wait. If you are waiting to wear out the tires no spinning or hard turns you will probably be in the 50k range.

The only reason I'm waiting is because payment is due in full at the time the order is placed and these boys aren't cheap lol. I also just moved into a new house so projects there are of higher priority than my car sadly.. I'm just making sure my tires won't wear out within the next 9 months before I order, but with only 6.5k miles on them I don't think it'll be an issue. Thanks for the input. :D

conehead 01-24-2020 12:25 PM

You could always just put them out of their misery early.

Dzmitry 01-24-2020 12:54 PM

People have gotten as much as 60k out of them from what I've seen. Again, this is with conservative driving and some occasional hard driving. They are definitely great for longevity lol.

Leonardo 01-24-2020 01:27 PM

There are so many stories on this forum about the wait time being months longer than expected when ordering Wheels. I would suggest ordering them now.

The wheels I ordered that were "in stock" , took 4 months!

Plus, when I upgraded my tires, I wondered why I had not done it sooner.

I got 16k IIRC.

mav1178 01-24-2020 01:55 PM

Your OE tires should last at least the length of your bumper to bumper warranty.

Beyond that, it's a lot of 1) how often do you do alignment checks? and 2) how you drive + the road surfaces you drive on. You can get 60k out of them or longer, but you also have to be an observant driver who checks the car regularly for abnormal wear.

bradyhuutch 01-24-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leonardo (Post 3293264)
There are so many stories on this forum about the wait time being months longer than expected when ordering Wheels. I would suggest ordering them now.

The wheels I ordered that were "in stock" , took 4 months!

Plus, when I upgraded my tires, I wondered why I had not done it sooner.

I got 16k IIRC.

The wheels I'm looking at are made to order so I don't think the timing will be too far off from what I was quoted... That being said, as soon as I have saved up the money I'll order them. Then as soon as they get here, I'll buy the tires and put on the new setup. My tires only have about 6,500 miles so that shouldn't be an issue. :thumbup:

Grady 01-24-2020 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradyhuutch (Post 3293230)
The only reason I'm waiting is because payment is due in full at the time the order is placed and these boys aren't cheap lol. I also just moved into a new house so projects there are of higher priority than my car sadly.. I'm just making sure my tires won't wear out within the next 9 months before I order, but with only 6.5k miles on them I don't think it'll be an issue. Thanks for the input. :D

Yes spend the money on your house first!!! Buy tires when you have the extra money.

soundman98 01-24-2020 07:58 PM

mine only lasted about 15k. i encouraged it though

HaXx 01-24-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradyhuutch (Post 3293216)
I'll apologize in advance because I'm sure this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it. I was just thinking about when I should order my new wheels (special order from Japan, they'll take 6 months from the time I place the order) and I was planning on changing setups when my stock tires need to be replaced. What I can expect as far as life (given normal driving conditions) of the stock Michelin Primacy tires? Any input is helpful!:thumbup:

Are you getting Wat's?

Ultramaroon 01-24-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundman98 (Post 3293396)
mine only lasted about 15k. i encouraged it though

Yeah, ditto x2

Will BRZ 01-24-2020 11:32 PM

I had my stock ones up until last week on my 2015. Meaning those tires were on since 2014 and over 50K miles. I also held off on replacing them for wheels , but i just ended up replacing the stock tires. They lasted a good while

bradyhuutch 01-25-2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaXx (Post 3293398)
Are you getting Wat's?

No, though I do love the style. I'm going with a special color of the Ray's 57cr which have to be made to order. Not crazy expensive but a large purchase for me personally.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk